GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my car into Gly Hopkin in Romford today for a couple of warranty jobs.

The first was the drivers door speaker which has started to fart, turns out it has split the cone where a build up of mould has grown due to damp so its going to be replaced under warranty.

The second problem was a vibrating rattle from the drivers rear quarter, well after tightening the under tray bolts that had come loose and numerous test drives (2 including me) and over 5 hours of investigation work it turn out it was a little stone behind the wheel arch, and worse of all its not covered under warranty.

I must say though Gly Hopkin were very good and even though I had taken the use of their gtr tech for the whole day they only charged me £144, 1 hours labour which I thought wasn't to bad.

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
I've got a very irritating vibration on the rear passenger side that I'm starting to think is not inside the car but outside somewhere.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Tom, it could be the foil stuff (tech term lol) under the ar seats. I know it was on mine. Almost sounded like a window was open was driving down the motorway. Pulled the bottom of the rear seat out and taped up. No more noise ; )

·
Premium Member
8,830 Posts
Wow, I feel sorry for all you guys with new cars and your problems, original 6 year old car and no rattles or stones LOL

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
Is it the wife? ;)
She's kept indoors at all times ;)

Tom, it could be the foil stuff (tech term lol) under the ar seats. I know it was on mine. Almost sounded like a window was open was driving down the motorway. Pulled the bottom of the rear seat out and taped up. No more noise ; )
I've currently got the rear seats, side panels and quarter panels out of the car along with the boot carpet and all panels and it's still vibrating whatever it is! I've got everything taped down and sound deadened so it has to be exterior unless I've missed something obvious!

Mine only happens at certain RPM from cold and changes when the cars warmed up, just strange.

·
Registered
72 Posts

I've currently got the rear seats, side panels and quarter panels out of the car along with the boot carpet and all panels and it's still vibrating whatever it is! I've got everything taped down and sound deadened so it has to be exterior unless I've missed something obvious!

Mine only happens at certain RPM from cold and changes when the cars warmed up, just strange.
Possible loose baffles in the exhaust.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I forgot to add that it only happens when the car is moving, revving it at a standstill doesn't cause any vibration.
I had an annoying rattle on the passengers side which would stop when the passenger put their hand on the dash board just above the glove box. Turned out to be a loose screw, possibly behind the glove box - can't remember exactly where , Litchfield's found it.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts

Pants, it was just a thought fella as api know a couple of others that had the same. Yeah must be external from what you describe : ( keeps us posted and good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts