GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, i've got a gtst which i'm slowly tuning, i've just had a turbo elbow, downpipe and de-cat fitted my question is... before i had this fitted my car showed only .5 boost on the gauge all the way through the rev range. now i've had this stuff fitted i still get .5 boost up to 5000 rpm, then i get .7 boost up to 7000 rpm. any ideas why would be appreciated many thanks. scott

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
this is normal. Although it should have been doing this before your mods. Is there a chance that you did not notice this before. This sort of thing can happen with alot of people. They fit something new then notice something new that has always happened but because they never noticed it before they think its only just happened.

Anyways you have nothing to worry about its normal what your car is doing. There is also a mod you can do if your ok with wireing to make it .7 all the way through the rev range. :) Hope this helps .

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi, yeah thanks i was worried there was something wrong u put my mind at rest thanks. whats this mod to get .7 through the rev range?

·
Registered
33 Posts
For the second stage boost the ecu simply grounds the boost control solenoid, you can easily do this manually so it's grounded all the time... The cable to the solenoid has 2 wires inside the sheath, black and white, cut the black wire, tape the loom side up and connect the solenoid side to chassis, job done!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts