GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to external wastegates and have a GS racing one to go on my RB26. When it came it had a air pipe fitting in the top and two side ports which are blanked off. I have read a bit on external gates and thought that normally single port wastegates have the feed in the side and not the top and you use the spring adjustment to achieve desired boost? I assume I can plumb a new fitting in the side of the GS racing one and control it with a boost control unit via the top port. Just interested to know if it would work any sense used the way it is.. I am guessing it is working off the actual exhaust gas pressure pushing the piston to release the gate and then the top port would work as normal if controlled via a boost controller or again you could manually fiddle with springs to achieve correct boost if left open?

Can someone tell me the pro's and con's to each setup and confirm I have understood correct.

Thank you

Lee

·
Registered
432 Posts
On my Tial wastegates , The side fitting is for the feed and the top fitting is for boost control. I assume that your wastegate has only one fitting which is for the feed and you can control the boost by adjusting the bolt/nut on top.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guy's I have that diagram.. I believe the GS Racing wastegate is a tial copy? it looks to have provisions to fit a side port but currently only has the top one in.. just wanted to know if that was an acceptable way to run a wastegate or if it's asking for trouble?

Cheers
Lee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts