GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I was wondering why F-cons are so cheap compared to Power FCs? I know the PFC is prefered my most people here on this forum, but I can find them brand new for around 311 pounds while I can find brand new F-Cons Pro V for around 89 pounds. Or is IS or SZ versions for around 211 pounds. I'm confusesd because people say they are super expensive, but its not that bad really.
you can get a brand new F-con + a cheapo boost controller (maybe a first gen hks evc) for less than 300 pounds
Also I know for PFCs you have to get them for the right engine, BNR32/33 or the 34 one, but do F-Cons act the same? Or are they a universal unit?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
The F Con Pro is quite old and hence cheep the F Con V Pro is current and
Y135,000 new. The IS & IZ are closer in specs to the PFC. There might even be 16bit and 32bit versions of the V Pro, the 16bit one being older.

The FCon, I think all have the same connectors, they come with a loom adapter for each car.

I think the main reason for people prefering the PFC it the number of people that can tune them vs HKS only at power writer dealers, however in Japan that should be less of an issue

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
The Gold box is the top dog, but it's never cheap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts