GTR Forum banner

F Con Pro v Apexi PFC

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 115 Posts

·
Banned
2,097 Posts
DeLa said:
regarding the HKS F-CON, only registered HKS dealers can map it. I think, as last of what I red, was that Europe has 6 of such tuners. That's not a lot, and I even think info on this perticulary question can be found on the HKS page.

I do know though, that k-power, www.k-power.dk, has become a certified dealer, and the price for the F-CON is appr. 1200£. Call for a quote on other prices...
direct link to the F-CON page at k-power....
http://www.k-power.dk/produkt.asp?menu1id=25&text1=Motorstyring&menu2id=87&text2=HKS F-CON.&menu3id=150&text3=HKS Motorstyring
how much to supply and fully map? must be hell of a lot cheaper than the uk I would imagine...

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
But would the saving more than make up for the cost of getting the car over there and back again? Think of the fuel, the ferry/chunnel fees, the wear and tear ... then again, you may enjoy the drive.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Old thread I know But has anyone had a map done only (not supply)
for the f-conv pro and what was the cost please

or wld one of the many dealers on here like to give me a costing please

Stu

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,872 Posts
Ah, that explains alot. Thanks Tony..

My last post doesn't make any sense.. D'oh.

Now I can see why the AEM is rubbished so much over here.:rolleyes:

3,663 Posts
Both FCon's are piggy back
Shows you how many people actually know what they are talking about!

F-con S/SZ and the new IS are piggy back these systems allow F-con Tuners to adjust fuel and ignition outputs from the std ECU so they are good for mild tuning applications , we can add map sensors to use to tune both fuel and ignition of the said vehicle, change injector size, speed limiter can be removed and even air flow meter type, We are unable to change the rev limiter thou.

The F-con pro system event hou most cars need a STD ECU the fuel and ignition drivers are within the Pro ECU, the maps are live in the Pro box. You can have multi maps/2 stage rev limiters/launch control/closed loop lambda/scramble settings the list is endless.

Both systems can use the Navigator systems this allows monitor and slight adjustments to the fuel/ignition maps.

I think the anti against the HKS F-con system comes from the you need to be a dealer to map the system , but to be a dealer you need to have a "dyno" and amount of experience in diagnostic/tuning.

There are other systems around that are better but need hard wiring to work such as Motec/ Autronincs.

But as a lot of you know all our cars run on HKS F_CON PRO,s i.e Rocker rons , Tim Websters both his 33 and 34 , Micks Lemon , Our race car to name a few.

over and out....

3,663 Posts
Forgot to say the following;

The reason HKS use the STD ecu even in the Pro is for the 4wd output, AC PS etc readins that are shared between the ECu,s within the SKYLINE electrical system saves hassles with sorting out extra wiring changes.

THe F-con can be and has been run Standalone It doesnt need to be run with a std ECU( see above why it is sometimes used Piggyback)We ahve a few cars runnig like this , a few wiring changes are need to do this.

·
Registered
561 Posts
apexi power fc or hks f con sz

I have got a fcon sz not fitted to the car yet Q Would it be better to sell the f con and buy a apexi fc with controler as I do not want to go mad on the power. At the moment I have hks exhaust d cat hks down pipes hks elbows r34 turbos hks evec 5 boost controler, and a set of 550 s not put in yet. can anybody tell me the best way to go. thank you. john

·
Registered
120 Posts
jpaan said:
I have got a fcon sz not fitted to the car yet Q Would it be better to sell the f con and buy a apexi fc with controler as I do not want to go mad on the power. At the moment I have hks exhaust d cat hks down pipes hks elbows r34 turbos hks evec 5 boost controler, and a set of 550 s not put in yet. can anybody tell me the best way to go. thank you. john

I'd sell the Fcon and get the power FC.

41 - 60 of 115 Posts