GTR Forum banner

F Con Pro v Apexi PFC

• Total voters
61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have a question for anyone who knows FCON V Pro's well. On my car my bro's messed around with the dip switches (dont know why), anyways car ran rich and fouled up the plugs. I've got the car running again, but a few times under boost the car has just stop accelerating as if the ignition had been cut (smooth cut, rpm's just start to fall). Now i'm assuming this is some sort of safety feature in the V pro? Does this tend to happen if the car is running too rich, or too lean? I'm going to be getting the car fully remapped in the next few weeks anyways, but wanted some info.

·
Banned
8 Posts
I have a question for anyone who knows FCON V Pro's well. On my car my bro's messed around with the dip switches (dont know why), anyways car ran rich and fouled up the plugs. I've got the car running again, but a few times under boost the car has just stop accelerating as if the ignition had been cut (smooth cut, rpm's just start to fall). Now i'm assuming this is some sort of safety feature in the V pro? Does this tend to happen if the car is running too rich, or too lean? I'm going to be getting the car fully remapped in the next few weeks anyways, but wanted some info.

I do not what your version is?

For Gold ECU ver.3.0-3.24. Please find detail below

DIPスイッチ
1 2
1 燃料補正 OFF OFF マップ1 Injection Map1
2 サブマップ選択 ON OFF マップ2 Injection Map2
OFF ON マップ3 Injection Map3
ON ON マップ4 Injection Map4
3 4
3 点火補正 OFF OFF マップ1 Ignition Map1
4 サブマップ選択 ON OFF マップ2 Ignition Map2
OFF ON マップ3 Ignition Map3
ON ON マップ4 Ignition Map4

5 A/FフィードバックON:しないOFF:する A/F Feedback
6 通信レートON:56000bps OFF:38400bps Comm.Rate
7 スロットル全開電圧ON:取り込みOFF:通常 TPS Min Calibration
8 スロットル全開電圧ON:取り込みOFF:通常 TPS Max Calibration

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I like my power FC for two reasons:
1 is the commander, I like the commander alot.
2 is most tuners map them.

But I'm increasingly going towards Fcon.
Went to TDI's in lakeside the other day and they showed me a very special TRAIL NSX with AEM ecu and it performed lovely.

·
Registered
164 Posts
F-con S/SZ and the new IS are piggy back these systems allow F-con Tuners to adjust fuel and ignition outputs from the std ECU so they are good for mild tuning applications , we can add map sensors to use to tune both fuel and ignition of the said vehicle, change injector size, speed limiter can be removed and even air flow meter type, We are unable to change the rev limiter thou.

over and out....

Hi Mark is that why mine had a techtom rev adjuster on it.. which enabled you to manualy up or decrease the rev limit of the car from the cockpit

·
Registered
229 Posts
they are all good units in there own way

just depends what you want from the car and the avaliblity or pepole that can map it for you

think the only thing that lets the power fc down is the afm as they can be such a pain in the arse sometimes

my choice would be either motec or link but motec is quite expensive

·
Registered
34 Posts
i am about to map my car and i am looking for a good ecu, i have read what you have to say, but i need some more information.

My car should be running about 750bhp to 850bhp at flywheel i think and wanted to know what would be better for me to use. (fc,f-con,AEM, or motec). i have about £1,400 for ecu and mapping.

i have been told that a power fc d jetro should be ok for the job, and i dont want to keep the afm because they are just cutting the car out sometimes when i am driving and have found that they are not cheap and i rather not have them, i think?

please i would like some more information before i buy and map my car r33gtr.

many thanks

akks

·
Registered
233 Posts
F-Con Pro is the way to go at those power levels IMO.

I don't think any more information could be provided for you on which to base your decision other than that which has already been given in this thread. If money is the deciding factor you will have no choice but to go the Power FC/D-jettro route as the F-Con Pro will cost another grand I imagine all in. Personally, I would pay the extra no question :)

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
had the f con V pro without air filters. but blew my car up by fiddling with the boost!!!doh.:( . when i had my engine rebuilt, i dropped the fcon, as nobody i knew within hundreds of miles could map the car.
i sold it second hand and the money i got for it, paid for a brand new power fc, which most tuners can map.

what is slightly weird though, i now have what looks like the standard ecu in my boot, as my tuner gave me all the bits back, and it has a gold plaque on it saying "MINES". authenticated plaque/guarantee thingy....with a special seal (which is unbroken)
seems someone previuosly has been upto something very special.

anyone know anything about mines Ecu`s??? and could it not be used with power fc?
sorry to break off thread a little.

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
You cant answer a question properly utill you know what it is.

Anyone who is making the choice needs to define the word 'best' and the answer will become obvious in most cases.

In my case 'best' was looking for more performance and was sure I would never want more than 500bhp ( I did say WAS sure).
I Took the car to perfect touch after a discussion when I was actually asked what are you trying to acheive rather than do this then this.
Car was recently imported and only had full exhaust and induction mods and was dynod at 330bhp.
After a fuel pump upgrade and mapping went up to 410+ but the increase in tourque was phenomenal (for me anyway) It is now a different car - totally driveable ,more economical and much quicker :clap: At a very reasonable cost as well.
So for me undoubtably the right decsion.
This is not to knock the HKS option and I think that thats the point - its not a case of whats wrong with the other more a case of what will suit you and of course that includes you budget.

·
Registered
492 Posts
had the f con V pro without air filters. but blew my car up by fiddling with the boost!!!doh.:( . when i had my engine rebuilt, i dropped the fcon, as nobody i knew within hundreds of miles could map the car.

Shame that as 20 miles down the M6 in Warrington is TDi North and they are HKS Power writers.
They did my GTR and do quite a few of the lads in Ireland who come all the way over to get them done there.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Shame that as 20 miles down the M6 in Warrington is TDi North and they are HKS Power writers.
They did my GTR and do quite a few of the lads in Ireland who come all the way over to get them done there.
Done some work for me to.

TDI lakeside?
They are not cheap :)

There is no D-jetro on the list :) Or AEM

·
Registered
492 Posts
Done some work for me to.

TDI lakeside?
They are not cheap :)

There is no D-jetro on the list :) Or AEM
TDi Warrington.
Its in at Lakeside at this moment having a new fuel system and remapped.
Cant wait to get it back.:)

61 - 80 of 115 Posts