GTR Forum banner

F Con Pro v Apexi PFC

• Total voters
81 - 100 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Other than what has been discussed already the main reason I will choose the Fcon over the PFC is that as it can keep the factory ECU you retain the codded key imobiliser that needs the factory ECU to work.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Other than what has been discussed already the main reason I will choose the Fcon over the PFC is that as it can keep the factory ECU you retain the codded key imobiliser that needs the factory ECU to work.
Not true. Plug in the Power FC on the BNR34, insert key, start engine, and you're done. The Power FC automatically disables the immobilizer.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Think you misunderstood me, I want the security feature of the key to remain which the PFC does not allow as it is a standalone ECU only unlike the Fcon which can run as a piggy back.
So with the PFC you basically remove the factory immobilizer.

Moot point for me now as I ended up with the Fcon and am very happy.

·
Registered
118 Posts
i have hks f-con v pro
and cos i live down in plymouth there is noone round here for miles and miles...
ive had the car mapped at re-worx when the car came across from japan in march
i have a price list in front of me if this helps
rolling road tune 295.00
coil 78.00
ignitor 85.00
spark plug 8.00
fault find coil spark plug and ignitor down
and refit new 135.00
oil filter 5.00
hgk bur9eqp plug 4x10=40.00

total 693.20 +121.33vat========= 814.53
and then problem still wasnt found turned out to be standard ecu was causing
an intermitt:bawling: en fault so a futher 250.00

yippee and now the boost controller hks ev3 has gone wrong i hope?
its not doing it job was running 511bhp at 1.1 bar
it just over boosts now and red light comes on even when im driving at 70mph
randomly...
can only run on low setting
does anyone know if i will have to have the car remapped by fitting a new hks boost controller???
alan jeffreys said they can do it but they aint hks dealers and told me to get an apexi unit....HELL NO!!!!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Thanks Eric, lol. I figured I'd tone down the asshole-factor and also felt I was being semi-hypocritical as I don't know anything about tuning the HKS F-con's as I've never worked at an authorized HKS shop.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Power FC for me as it is a good unit that gives more than enough control if you don´t need things like anti-lag, launch control, etc. and it´s way cheaper than the HKS Fcon. Plus you are not limited to who can map it. Therefore easy choice for me.

The HKS Fcon is a very good unit though, no doubt.

81 - 100 of 115 Posts