GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Popped round to see a mate earlier and came out to see some ****** has hit my bonnet. Put a couple of scratches on it that have dented and gone back to the metal.

Anyone know a good trustworthy place in Bedfordshire/Hertfordshire to get them sorted? I work in Essex so could be done down there as well. Any recommendations would be a big help, don't want to give it to any old cowboy.

Cheers
Dan

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
Phil Smith, trades as P.J.Smith of Bedford. He used to do all our race car bodywork, very good quality, a real craftsmen but not particularly cheap however the job will be done correctly.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've used Fix Auto in Dagenhams. They did a top job. I know the NHPC in Mill Hill use Fix Auto in Acton for minor bodywork repairs.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Popped round to see a mate earlier and came out to see some ****** has hit my bonnet. Put a couple of scratches on it that have dented and gone back to the metal.

Anyone know a good trustworthy place in Bedfordshire/Hertfordshire to get them sorted? I work in Essex so could be done down there as well. Any recommendations would be a big help, don't want to give it to any old cowboy.

Cheers
Dan
Hi Dan.

Robbie at VM uses a very good painter. Had my full front end done and it was perfect.

Give him a call and see if he can hook you up.

Gutted for you mate.

Satan

·
Registered
9,090 Posts
Hi Dan.

Robbie at VM uses a very good painter. Had my full front end done and it was perfect.

Give him a call and see if he can hook you up.

Gutted for you mate.

Satan
Is this the same guy who painted my front wing leaving a visibly thicker paint bead/bulge along the bottom edge where the paint had run to?

Stay away imho.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
VM Robbie' paint guy did my scratch on my rear wing, I can't even find where he painted now its so well blended

R

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Phil Smith, trades as P.J.Smith of Bedford. He used to do all our race car bodywork, very good quality, a real craftsmen but not particularly cheap however the job will be done correctly.
Thanks Barry, picked her back up today and he has done a great job.

He said someone else has been down there in a GTR to have some work done and to look at the job on mine, anyone of here?

Anyway thanks again.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I think finding a top notch bodyshop is a must when you buy a GTR unfortunately. Spraying the front bumper, bonnet and rear three quarters will no doubt become part of regular maintenance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts