GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the actual BAR / Honda F1 discs & pads used by Jenson Button at this year's Silverstone F1 race for sale.

These have been donated for the Bubble Charity meeting but it was felt it was such a big prize that it would be better to auction it off to the highest bidder on here.

There are 4 discs & 8 pads and the storage bag used for them. The discs are made by Brembo and cost £1500 each new.

I do not want to split this prize up because it would be great to see the full set go to a car loving person on here.

All of the proceeds for this are going to Cancer Research UK.:clap:

I hoping people will be generous with offers as these are from a British driver on a British track. I'll keep this up for 2 weeks.

Here is a photo of the discs, pads & bag.

Happy Bidding ...

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I held one of the discs today, it weighed practically nothing, unbelieveably light.

I hope they raise a decent amount for charity, a proper piece of F1 memorabilia:clap:

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
wow...

but erm..didnt he retire this year at silverstone(send me a pm if you want me to edit it, more than happy to do so) :D

i want it bad!

do they fit a skyline? :p

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bkvj said:
wow...

but erm..didnt he retire this year at silverstone(send me a pm if you want me to edit it, more than happy to do so) :D

i want it bad!

do they fit a skyline? :p
The discs are changed every 2 events ....
The discs will fit under a 13 inch wheel .... F1 remember .. no need to edit post.:p

Couldn't get the calipers unfortunately ...

Remember the cash for these ALL goes to charity as in Cancer Research UK. Doing my bit since my dad was told he has throat cancer this year ...

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
driverst24 said:
These have been donated for the Bubble Charity meeting but it was felt it was such a big prize that it would be better to auction it off to the highest bidder on here.
Any bids yet Paul?????

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
davewilkins said:
Any bids yet Paul?????
None yet .....:-( ..

Taking them into work tomorrow as somebody has asked to see them before bidding ...

Here's hoping .....

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got £50 bid for the discs & pads .... hopefully start to get more soon ...

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Thank gawd for that.
Was worried that you would split the discs and sell separate. They are really cool as a set.

C'mon all, I need more money for charity:cool:
I have a nice big blank cheque which I want to use to present the collected money to Cancer Research UK at the next bubble meet.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Latest Update ...

The latest bid for the discs and pads is now £80 :clap: ... Thank you for that bid.

To everybody who is interested, I will post the latest amount in here when new bids come in but I will NOT post your name.

If anybody wants any more specific photos pm me your email address and I will send what you wish.

Just to state again I am making NOTHING from these .. ALL proceeds will go to CANCER RESEARCH UK in the Bubble Charity Fund.

I would really like this set for myself as the chance to get another set, from the same car is practically nil especially with the pads and bag.

The person who gave them to me, their mum has cancer hence why they went out of their way to make it a special prize.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For those who have asked ...

This auction will finish on Saturday the 26th of August at Midnight ...

Good Luck to all ...

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
driverst24 said:
For those who have asked ...

This auction will finish on Saturday the 26th of August at Midnight ...

Good Luck to all ...
....and you can't press your bid button 5 seconds before the end of the auction:chairshot :chuckle:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Please make last minute bids to Dave Wilkins as I am off on holiday!

Unfortunately I forgot I am off on holiday at 4am Sunday morning and therefore I am not staying at a computer on Saturday at midnight.

I have had the holiday booked for months and forgot when I setup the auction.

Can anybody who is wanting to bid on these up to midnight today (the 26th) please pm davewilkins instead of myself with the bid.

The top bid is still £150.

Dave is at Trax 06 on Sunday the 3rd of September if that is near for the winner to collect, if not I am back home on the 3rd of September. If the winner wants the prize before then I will give it to Dave Wilkins and you can arrange delivery with him.

Sorry for messing this up a bit at the end, just unfortunate.
Dave, you're a star as always for helping out with this one .. All the best at the sprint today ....

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
...and just to complicate things.....
I am off to Harewood in a bit to camp over so I don't have to get up early tomorrow;)
I will check my pms tomorrow and see what if there has been any more bids.
Looks like the £150 is safe.
Any problems with doing this way and I will extend it by a day to give people a fair chance.
Dave

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
No reply from the auction winner. If reply does not come in the next few days, I will offer it to the next person in line.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for sorting this in the end Dave. I am glad it helped towards the total.:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts