GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not really sure. Whether its to let the slower teams catchup, possibly aerodynamics wise or keep more of a level playing field so its more competative i dont know. Whatever the reason its stupid. They should let the teams do whatever they want development wise. F1 is meant to be the pinnacle of motorsport, think how much further on the cars would be in 10 years!

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Wish I had frozen my wife 30 years ago.
But who would want a frigid woman :chuckle:

Seriously though, its a pretty stupid thing to do, its just going to make F1 even duller, instead having to rely on drama and bitchfights between the drivers/contructors to generate any interest! Grand Prix will end up being yet another soap opera on the TV

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
F1 has already been so highly restricted that really, what "trickle-down" technologies have we seen? Had they not banned active suspensions in the 80s, we'd likely be seeing them now on road cars. How much further along would we be in turbo technology had they not banned those?

A1GP is brilliant, it's a shame it hasn't caught on. The idea is really, really wonderful.

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
So does this mean that they are not even aloud to 'tweak' their engines and get the most out of what they already have ?

I await to see some top drawer aerodynamic stuff next season now :)

·
Registered
858 Posts
I think it's crap. F1 should be the pinnacle of technology and they are constantly holding it back. I understand that it is expensive for the 'lesser' teams, but it is seen by most as the very top level of motorsport in the world. I think there should be at least one series where they are very limited on engine capacity, tyres, and not much else. Like Kismetcapitan said the developments made could actually help road cars of the future.

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
Give the car back to the drivers in F1 would be a smarter move ,stick shifting,clutch etc ,it was supposed to be coming back . The cars in the 80's and early 90's were alot more powerfull than these modern ones by a long way and the drivers pulled more G .

·
Registered
257 Posts
Give the car back to the drivers in F1 would be a smarter move ,stick shifting,clutch etc ,it was supposed to be coming back . The cars in the 80's and early 90's were alot more powerfull than these modern ones by a long way and the drivers pulled more G .
Oh yeah. Totally agree.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts