GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Searched but really can't find - looked at a few vendors as well.

What is needed?

- Front bar
- Side grill

Do the 2012 day time runners fit?
Do the 2012 front grills and what not fit?

Thanks in advance.

·
Vendor
1,929 Posts
If your wanting to convert a2012 to 2017 then more or less everything is different.

Few bits from memory

Oil cooler duct
Intercooler duct
Front section of wheel arch liners
Front undertray
Complete front bumper including all grills,led***8217;s,washer jets etc, Infact only the Gtr badge can be reused along with bumper end brackets and indicators.

I think Tabz on here has a setup for sale.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Whilst we're on the subject I recently learnt that the wheel arches on the Track Edition are different sizes from the "standard" car, and I think the diameter of the wheel studs too... (it's noticeable they no longer offer the Nismo / T/E wheels as an option for the base car.)

·
Vendor
1,929 Posts
The front on te/ nismo is wider track and the wings about 10mm to accommodate this.

Not sure wether the hub or drive flange or both for that matter is the culprit for the wider track.

I would imagine the suspension is also revised.

·
Vendor
1,929 Posts
I’ve seen the wheels fitted to none te or nismo model so there can’t be a big variation in fitment, I’d imagine different nuts at the most.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys,

Searched but really can't find - looked at a few vendors as well.

What is needed?

• Front bar
  • Side grill
Do the 2012 day time runners fit?
Do the 2012 front grills and what not fit?

Thanks in advance.
Basically you'll need whole new bumper with grills, lip and DRLs. Bonnet is different as well (it has V-shape higher then it was before). Then the fender protectors and the duct to the oil cooler and intercooler are different. But you can cut your intercooler duct to fit.
I've made a list of parts for total retrofit to 2017 with all part numbers, pls see it below (in Russian and Engish)).

·
Vendor
1,929 Posts
If you buy bumpers here they will have holes in fit the parking sensors so you’ll need to fill them or use dummy parking sensors to fill the holes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you buy bumpers here they will have holes in fit the parking sensors so you’ll need to fill them or use dummy parking sensors to fill the holes.
Anyway the bumper will need to be painted, so these holes can be shaved away. Or just install dummy sensors - I used that option.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've bought mine from Japan. They sell it for about 10k$ for the full kit (all OEM parts from new cars):

1 - 13 of 13 Posts