GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get some odd ball readings from time time when I'm giving the car a thrashing (50-120 knock readings)

Should I be concerned?:nervous:

Are the factory ones crap when they get old?:mad:

Stop being a girl and just cane it?:chairshot

Do I need to spend more money and buy an aftermarket knock sensor? What type?:runaway:

Is my tuner running it a little too close to lean for that extra bang?:flame:

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
do you have a wideband in the car? definite wise investment.

Damned PFC and knock readings, make me nervous too. After beating the pants off my car last week, my average knock readings are now 5 higher, peaking at 35. I lost sleep over that, no joke.

It is being girly, but hell, when you've put the cost of a house into an RB26, one tends to become a bit protective of it!

Two years ago I replaced the stock sensors and added two extra for det cans. No real discernable difference.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I just run the std sensors, What have you got the wideband running through?

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
a cheap Powerdex AFM, but with an upgraded NTK sensor. It doesn't have to be dead-nuts accurate as I'm just using it as a realtime gauge, but just being within even 0.5 (it reads down to the hundredth) is enough to signal rich or lean. Then you just compare it with how you're driving at that very second and see if it makes sense or if it's off. I've had the engine sound like it blew a couple pistons, but a quick glance at the wideband and I knew I just had to pull over with a screwdriver and tighten an intercooler pipe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts