GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend just bought a black 95 R33 VSpec, at least thats what the documentation said. Based on the rear diff not having any cooling fins, is this enough to say this is not a VSpec?

I haven't seen the docs yet, but apparently it has a full service history from new as the last owner had it imported directly new from Japan. My friend knew nothing about these cars before he got it :(

·
Banned
349 Posts
No Finns, No V-spec

Rev counter may have had put in A-LSD, check.

If no A-LSD on rev counter no V-spec.

Get someone like Abbey to drive the car and they will tell by the way it drives if its a V or not.

There is a lot of passing off going on in the market a the moment.

Good luck

Jamie.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Sounds like a non-vspec

Don't know how true this is, but; apparently, if there is a 'Q' in the chassis number then it is not a VSpec.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Since all V-specs - regardless of origin - have active LSDs at the rear, a true V-spec model would have the distinctive cooling fins whereas the non-Vspec would not.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
sounds like he has been done over

there and anyway he can go back with the right evidence? he has clearly been sold sth it is not and has a case.
I have been in same situation when looking at cars. First thing to do is get to the back of the car and look under.
One guy knew straight away what I was doing. His face was a pic. then sat in the car saw no light on the rev counter and walked away. 4 words said to him:
NOT a VSPEC mate. tosser. It is mate, it is.
Be careful as well as the aftermarket dials from Nismo do have a space for the LED light on the rev counter. You need to start the car to physically see if there is a light to come on.
Also the Vspec has upgrades to the wishbones and struts to cope with possible track work.
the UK Vspecs have the coolers and pumps at the rear behind the actual cooling vents to cool the diff under heavy load. I have those on mine as a UK car.
ALL VSPECs have the fins on the rear diff.
So all in all they do command a premium as they have had more invested into them, especially the Uk ones. up to 8k went into them through Middlehurst via Nissan commissioning them. Only way that Nissan would warranty the cars with all the addedd coolers.
If in doubt get it checked as Jamie said, as they are the experts.

Nic

1 - 10 of 10 Posts