GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, been looking all over plus did loads of search.

It seems everyone who use Hankook were impressed by it. Falken doesn't seem to dissapoint too much either.

Basically it is going to be one or the other for me at the moment. At the size I wanted, these are the onlly two tyre with a price that make sense for me.

Both seems to be good tyres, so does anyone have any solid experience with them.

This will be put onto a GTR with 650bhp.

Size:
K104- 275/35/18
FK452 - 285/35/18

These will be put on to a 18x9.5 wheel. I have heard Falken are generally narrow for its size, so I decide to go a step larger.

main concern here is Grip in wet and dry. What is the difference between them? Treamline is also another concern if anyone had run a wide tyre before.

If anyone got any suggestion, please offer. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I have tried both but in 19 inch -

Falkens are very narrow for a given size (their 275s are same width as 255 from most other brands in both 18 and 19 inch).
They are very noisy on motorways and the turn in with them feels vague. They grip well in the dry and lasted OK

I tried some Hankook 104s next and they were a revelation!
Loads quieter on the motorway!
Far more positive turn in and superb grip wet or dry.
The only tyre I have tried that I rate higher were Bridgestones.

Hankooks all the way imo.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Which type of Bridgestones cossy?

Grr Kevin

COSSYCam said:
I have tried both but in 19 inch -

Falkens are very narrow for a given size (their 275s are same width as 255 from most other brands in both 18 and 19 inch).
They are very noisy on motorways and the turn in with them feels vague. They grip well in the dry and lasted OK

I tried some Hankook 104s next and they were a revelation!
Loads quieter on the motorway!
Far more positive turn in and superb grip wet or dry.
The only tyre I have tried that I rate higher were Bridgestones.

Hankooks all the way imo.

·
Registered
706 Posts
im not a tyre expert or anything but i just bought a set of Avons 265/35/18 for my GTR from Rochford Tyres and i did not pay very much at all!

perhaps worth a look for whatever tyre your after...ive always found them to be good value for money.

cheers

Raz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts