GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help needed, firstly is anybody on here running the new falken 452's, and if so how do you rate them overall, I.E grip in the wet/dry,wear rate etc,etc.
Also I have been quoted Five Hundred and Fifty Eight pounds for
4 x 275/35/19's, fitted and balanced. Is this a great price? Or a very average tyre?

Thanks in advance

Roly.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did consider the 275/40/19's but had concerns about rubbing, would I get away with 40? as I do understand that the ride will be a bit hard on 35?

Thanks Roly

·
Registered
430 Posts
You need to be using 275/30/19s to keep approximately the same rolling radius as standard. Assuming the standard is 245/45/17 (R33 GTR), the following tyres will give the following rolling radius difference
275/30/19 -0.61%
275/35/19 +3.53%
275/40/19 +7.82%
245/40/18 +0.15% - standard R34 GTR

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lynchy, I'm not the most techy of members on the site, so what are the implications of me going for the 275/35/19's . What problems would the rolling raduis difference cause me? Am I correct in thinking speedo?

Thanks Roly

·
Registered
22 Posts
I personal dislike the Falkens which I am Now running (This is all my friends shop had in stock to fit my volks at the time). my tires gave to some figure 8's donuts and mountain runs. (Two shreaded rear tires)(I love my GTR)!!! After running Potenza RE-01 in japan, and SO-3 pole postions here in the US, nothing comes close to the Bridgestones in Traction. You get what U pay for, Like they say you drive the best get the best!
If you like breaking traction eaisly and sliding get the Falkens; Their inexpensive and the traction jus isnnt there. At least for a GTR!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yeah your speedo will be out and your gearing will be longer, other than that wouldn't like to say. Speak to 1 of the tuners they'll have an opinion I'm sure.

I use falken 451s and am pretty happy with them, you can of course get alot better but they'll cost you twice the price or more.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I think I'm going to move away from Falkens.

I think they are great vfm and have been happy with them. They suited me at the time (500bhp) as I enjoy breaking traction and wasn't after ultimate grip. As the car has been getting more powerful though, I've started to loose faith and confidence in them, I would like a bit more grip that I can rely and lean on. I think I'll be looking at something along the lines of Pirelli P-Zero's next although the price will be a massive shock after the Falkens!

I think the Falkens work well on the GTR's as the cars ability is generally quite high, on trackdays you could have them breaking traction very easily mid bend and going into power oversteer. I enjoy this but now I need a bit more grip to retain this balance.

Nito

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
just spoke to falken so now i know:

ZR are rated to 140mph approx
Y are rated t0 186mph.

I know what you mean bout the tyres Nito, for now i just want some cheap tyres for practising on and then once i get used to power and get more confident i will go for some more track apprpriate tyres!

·
Registered
254 Posts
If possible double check that they fit your alloys before buying. 275/35/19 is the correct size as i brought these for mine a while back, But they came up way way too thin, with a atleast an inch of bare alloy over hanging the tyre wall. I did post a thread about it a while back, will see if i can find it

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Mat B,

Very interesting thread, but has put me right of the falkens, the last thing I want is a poor fitting tyre that looks narrow and doesn't give me any rim's protection because I have ordered my Technospeeds Z1's and they aren't cheap wheels.
Question is what do I buy now?

Thanks Roly

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've recently fitted Falken 452's 275/35/18 on my Volks SE37's. I haven't done a trackday yet, but they seem okay on the road. I'll post on here in April when I do my first trackday in the car.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Rjewkes said:
Thanks Mat B,

Very interesting thread, but has put me right of the falkens, the last thing I want is a poor fitting tyre that looks narrow and doesn't give me any rim's protection because I have ordered my Technospeeds Z1's and they aren't cheap wheels.
Question is what do I buy now?

Thanks Roly
Roly,

I have the Blitz Technospeed Z1's and I run the Falken 451's. There is no issue with them looking "narrow" nor are they a "pour fitting tyre.":rolleyes: The 452 will more than lightly be slightly better, otherwise, why would Falken change a tyre that has been a very, very good seller for them?

£ for £, they take some betting mate.:D

When I got the car, it was fitted with Bridgestone 03's, which everyone at the time said were the tyres to have. They were utter sh*te.:( I put the Falkens on and it transformed the car. The handling was, and still is great, if your going to be running reasonable power, then they are fine.

I've tried a number of tyres over the years, (not just with the Skyline,), and these are well worth trying.

Andy.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts