GTR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after not to long ago getting my r34 gtr i was so made up i cant beleive i own this iconic car i love it so much , then i took it for a service , felt a little better after but not for long as i didnt want to drive it as i needed a new clutch so i had to save then got the money took it to tr and got the boys there to take a look around it , also put some new plugs in which the other place i took it to for the service didnt replace .... initals e.s cough . so i had all that done and i can drive it again like a dog with 2 d**** , then weve had this crap weather and i dont really want to take it into it anyway after much thought recently and as ive been not driving it i decided to sell my baby (car).
saturday i took it to work to get it washed and omg bad move lol , ive fallen in love with her again i love it so much and every time i drive it it makes me smile so much , now im thinking im just going to keep it unless someone gives me the full asking price , as it is totally mint lol i love it so much really happy at the mo going to drive it this week again:clap::clap::clap:

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you sell, what would you replace it with?

GTR34 a classic - you'll miss it and only end up buying another!
this ive been thinking about .... i dont think there is anything that will make me smile like this one .

and the more i think about it i love it even more.
i also love this place( the forum )
after going to meets and events i love this club
ive never been made to feel this acceped into a club the people are great and friendly..and now im the southern counties rep too which i love the title lol i dont think any other club could give me what this one dose even if by chance someone dose give me the full asking price i wont leave this forum lol

·
Super Moderator
16,092 Posts
Don't be a big girl, keep the car and eat baked beans for dinner, LOL.:wavey:

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
bigchris350

I don't understand you AT ALL!! I have exactly the same feeling every time i will go in my basement and look at that beauty, and even more when i take it out for a ride, in my case i will be offended even if someone dares to ask me if i am selling it, how can you sell your baby ?? with a woman they say that you will be in love for max 9 months bad with your car if you don't have it as a daily driver you will be in love always i think. hehe

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok drgtr i see what your saying but i have to disagree with you , money speaks volumes my friend and when you really need it it speaks that bit louder

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I understand my friend this is the reason since i bought mine i try to forget how much it cost me and that i have those money just sitting in the basement i just pay the 500eur road-tax every year and 350 Eur for insurance. The problem is that i am thinking to start tuning slowly slowly and that's even worst, but what can we do that's life i am happy that i am still young and single. :D
I hope you change your mind somehow.

·
Registered
26,754 Posts
i fall in and out of love of my 34, (and robbiej is to blame for that after a taster of the 35) but i used it for the first time on saturday in about 2months

its still a cool car to own and drive

however

i understand about your fustration at times, & i couldnt live with a 34 if it had to be a daily driver, or kept outside

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Chris i know exactly your feelings :(

Am in the exact same shoes but i know i now cannot keep mine and is breaking my heart :(

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im going to try to hang on to it for as long as possable now even thought about getting a night time job to help things , i love the car so much its really going to have to be bad for me to part with it now. just got to keep driving it :clap:

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
You could look at it the other way round. If someone offered me the full asking price, whatever that is, and assuming that it's realistic, would I sell either of mine? The thought does cross my mind occasionally, but unless I really wanted the money, or a certain other car, then the question always gently fades away.

There may come a time when it makes sense to sell it. I'll sell it. Emotional I may be about it, but I can always look forward to the day that I can possibly buy another one. (The day I win the lottery!) :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts