GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys. The 200 posse had a Rolling Road day on Sunday.

I put mine on. Made approx 301 bhp at the fly and approx 258 Lb/ft torque. Running 0.7 bar (well the Hg/mm things anyway)

My question is, have any of you put your car on the rollers with comparable mods to my own and if so could you mail me a copy of the graph (or post it here for me:) ).

ALso, my torque is a bit strange.

The operator used 4th (as you would expect) from approx 2000 rpm. At these revs I had approx 160 Lb/ft torque. From there until approx 4500 rpm the torque goes a bit strange, going up and down. Then at 4500 it literally shoots up to over 250! Now I know why I get that great push in the back!:D

Any help is greatly appreciated.

My mods are as follows:
Std RB25DET and ECU
SubZero Performance Custom Intake manifold with front facing 75mm (approx) throttle body
Apexi Power Intake Ind Kit
HKS Type S intercooler with custom IC pipes (possibly slightly shorter due to front facing throttle body)
Running turbo straight from actuator. Boost Controller was switched off on power run. Must be a 10 psi actuator.
Blitz NUR SPec R Cat back with 3" Custom front pipe.

Cheers again,

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sounds interesting mate... I've yet to get mine on the rollers yet but will try and do so soon!

Sorry, I know this is no help but there you go! ;)

Chris

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hard Times. Mate if you havent done it yet - do it. You will probably only then realise how loud these cars can be and brick your underwear.

On Sunday, I was so nervous. Ive spent shitloads (for a 200 anyway) on the car this year. Even though I had it on another set of rollers before with this engine I was soooooooo scared!
These rollers were brand new and used negative loading.

You couls hear the engine note change as the rollers were loaded.....

But, it all stayed together and Im quite happy with the result. It was hot at 30 degrees aswell!

Class A, I thought it might be the VVT. But I can tell you that the car hits 0.5 bar up to the "jump" at which point it makes it way to 0.7 bar.
As for the handling. Its not too bad. I think it understeers a bit more tho. Im running KYB uprate sall round and a set of SE Nissan uprated lowering springs. Id like a set of Tein HA's but I have other stuff to buy (away from the car for a change) first:).

I just got the Traction Control fitted. THink it needs a bit of fettling tho. We'll see soon......

Keep the responses coming please.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Thats some impressive power to put into a SilEighty, I should think its pretty quick?!

Nice one! :D

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, it is mate. Still needs to be a bit quicker tho. A few of these whipper snappers with the std CA and SR lumps are startin to push bigger figures now.:(;)

Need to start saving again for a MHG, cams, exh manifold and turbo and then a management system that'll handle it.

Then some new underwear I think!:D

Keep me posted as to when you get your car.

I live pn the sunny side too. Ive met Matt Payne (he has a GTS too).

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Matt Payne lives about 3 miles down the road from me... I've known him since I was about 13 or 14 as we went to the same school...

I was actually going to purchase his GTS25 from Bestjapancar.com but was put off by it being an Auto, I got over to his place almost as soon as it arrived!

Your up Colchester direction arent you?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Class A. The boost Controller is in, I havent had a chance to set it up, and seeing as its already running 0.7 bar, Ive figured Im in no great rush to get 0.15 extra (assuming 0.85 is max safe boost).

The soleinoid was not fitted with the install. The boost is run off the actuator only.

DanOh. Ive met Matt a couple of times, but never with my car as its been in the shop every time Ive met him!

He has my number. Ill PM you when I can get a chance to come over if you like. Was over at Clacton the other night. Took it out for a spin with the misses. Was nice to get back behind the wheel.
Still gettin used to the TC. But the misses has decided she doesnt like the Lauch Control starts!!!:( ;):D

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
I've attached a graph for my engine.

At this stage the only mods being Blitz intake + Full Nismo Exhaust (down pipe + de-CAT). Stock Intercooler + ECU, running SUL with no additives.

It was noted that the timing was out considerably following this run. I never ran after adjusting the timing unfortunately. This run was made in 4th gear.

NB. Stock RB25DET figures are on the post-it note.

Figures for the run were.....
254bhp @ 6850rpm 119mph
231 lbft @ 4970rpm 86mph

Note the boost / cam stepping over @ 4500 rpm.
Note that torque is over 200lbft @ 2400rpm.

Hope this helps some Matt :)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers J. My scanner/PC has been playing up, but Ill try and sort it some how and post it up....

Interesting viewing.....

Anyone else?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Matt_S said:
... Ill PM you when I can get a chance to come over if you like. Was over at Clacton the other night. Took it out for a spin with the misses. Was nice to get back behind the wheel...
Excellent! That'd be nice to meet ya Matt .. and see a real SilEighty! I look forward to it! :)

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here it is.

Mine is the red graph. I cant seem to find the original. This is one which the R/R centre did for me with another pal running ( as you can see) just over 300 bhp from the CA18DET.

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And here are the figures....

Sorry for the fcuk ups above!

Stats for my car:

Engine Power (measured): 295.6 bhp @ 116 mph/6451 rpm
Wheel Power (measured): 258 bhp @ 116 mph/6451 rpm
Power losses (measured): 37.5 bhp @ 116 mph/6451 rpm
Engine Power (corrected): 301.3 bhp @ 116 mph/6451 rpm
Torque (corrected): 258 Lbs/ft @ 5451 rpm (engine)
Temp: 30 degrees C

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Matt,

Can you have another go at putting up your graph for the RB25DET.

I'd be really interested in seeing the boost / torque / bhp curves.

300bhp @ 0.7bar on a RB25DET is really going well, I need to rememebr that different rolling roads produce differing results, keeps me from being too dissapointed. ;)

Roll on the 8th Sept, when I'll be running mine again, see what difference the APEX PFC and boost kit has made :D

RonS,
Can you post your graph ?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Errrr,

Mate, I posted it last night. Seems to work OK for me.

Are you having trouble loading the file up?

Anyone got any comments on my graph? The thick red line is power, the thin red line is torque. Lb/ft up the left, bhp up the right and, errr, rpm on the bottom:D

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Ahhh, sorry Matt,
Never realised that there were two cars on the one graph, makes sense now.

RonS,
Added the figures you wanted to know in my post with the graph.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Matt,
Studying your graph I've just had a thought mate.

The initial part of the torque curve reminds me of a graph I saw some time ago on the SDU site. Whilst trying to establish what the ECU does when reset, GraemeWi put his car on the dyno and reset prior to a run.

The resulting graph was saw tooth shaped like the start of the torque curve on your graph. This was caused by the ECU trying to re-learn it's knock advance / retard settings.
(Quickly:- The stock ECU adds advance until it detects knock, then backs off, then adds a little less each time until it detects knock, until eventually it can't advance any further)

Could it be that your ECU is detecting knock at low rpm ?

I'm not sure what the stock ECU fuel map is like, but it could be really lean below 4500rpm if you are running .7bar across the rev range, seeing as it is supposed to step from .5 to .7 at 4500rpm.

If you check the SkylinesDownUnder forum, and search for post by GreameWi, regarding resetting the ECU and dyno graphs. You'll see what I'm talking about. I'll see if I can find it and post back.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts