GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While my car is sitting at the detailers, i can't stop thinking about it. Sad i know but please indulge me, when i know the sensible thing would be to wait till Sunday/Monday and find out for myself..............

When i picked the car up Tuesday i plugged my Sony MP3 Walkman
NWZ-B135F 2GB Walkman MP3 Player & FM Tuner with DIRECT: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo
(note i bought it from argos clearance off ebay for £25)
to the USB slot and nothing came up on the screen. Well something came up but it was more like a "can't find the USB devices" (or something like that)
Now it could be that i need to format the stick a different way or do something in on the MFD to get it to read the MP3 players as a Flash Disk source.

But my question is, apart from Ipods/Iphones (which i've seen work really well) what do you have plugged into your USB slot?

NB: I have nothing against Apple as they bring technology to the masses, but i think they are overpriced/styled for what you get. Especially in comparions to generic mp3 players and even the Sony. Plus i've never used Itunes and don't plan to. I still like buy CD's and then ripping them to whatever format i need at whatever quality i need.

One option i haven't tried is plugging my Nokia N86 into the USB slot and seeing if that works.

So what have you got guys/gals?

Cheers

Ian

PS - i'll post back my findings when i get my car back re: Nokia N86 (which does integrate well with the MFD via Bluetooth as a phone. i.e all my contacts came up in the screen.) and Sony MP3 thingy.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have just used an I pod for now to get what i want on there, I was going to see if the Music Box would rip mp3 files from a memory stick to get a collection on there. Failing that i'd just burn mp3 disks to be ripped.
Does your Sony walkman convert what you put onto it into its own format? That may be why it can't see the drive. I had a Sony mp3 which did.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have just used an I pod for now to get what i want on there, I was going to see if the Music Box would rip mp3 files from a memory stick to get a collection on there. Failing that i'd just burn mp3 disks to be ripped.
Does your Sony walkman convert what you put onto it into its own format? That may be why it can't see the drive. I had a Sony mp3 which did.
The Sony i have doesn't use that crappy Sony SonicStage (i think it was called) software and convert to Atrac. It plays MP3's pretty happily. :thumbsup:

Hence i was wondering if anyone uses a memory stick or a.n.other brand of mp3 player.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts