GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Banned
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the next week of so I will post pictures of this process and whats needed in order to make it easier for would be diy fans:)

I will start by saying you will need new bolts front and rear. These are available from Nissan. Not cheap, £3.60 for the 14mm fronts each and £1.19 for the rears (different pitch to the R32 bolts.

Watch this space.....

·
Banned
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So today was a little bit warmer during mid afternoon and I thought I better start..

I started off with the rears as there was not much effort really, but I thought I would do a quick picture guide as to whats involved.

The old calipers and disks looking sorry for themselves...

Step 1, remove the old caliper that is held on by 2 17mm bolts.

There should be a small rubber bung, line that up at 6 oclock position and push a flat blade screw driver into it and push the adjuster to contract the hand break shoes. ( make sure the nadbrake is down.

Fit 2 m8 bolts and tighten to extract the disk.

If you have loosened the shoes enough the disk should start coming off..

Old disk is now off...

You will need to bent back the part that is arrowed.. this is so you can pit the Brembo caliper on properly. If you dont the inner pad will catch this part of the plate and you will not be able to push the two pins to hold the pads in.

The two disks.. with the R34 one being slightly bigger and a few mm thicker.

New disk on....

Remove the old caliper by using a 14mm spanner.

Fit the new brembo caliper and job done!

Next week I will be fitting the fronts.. Hope its a bit warmer!

·
Banned
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks dude... would have been finished off ages ago, but for this weather.. which is defo a big demotivator and not having a garage to do the work in:(

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
Should this be a sticky thread?

Good work Yunis.

Makes we want to sort my rears out.
Well, get the bits and have someone fit them anyway.
As a mechanic, I'm only good at making coffee ...

·
Banned
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but really wasnt that hard at all.. the only thing that limits me is tools/equipment or weather. Im not scared to have a go..

Fronts will be fun, hope I can drill the hub carrier with out other things getting in the way. Dont fancy popping ball joints, and taking off the whole hub.. if that needs to be done I will admit defeat and get someone to do it...

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
I watched while my front brakes were done, like everything, theres a process to follow and if done correctly, you can't go wrong.
I always find I have a couple of screws left when I put things back together though :(
Scary for me when brakes are the most important bit on the car!

Did you put new braided hoses on the rears.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
I paid £900.00 for a full set (mint). please add that the 350z front brake calipers are diffrent than the R34 they are off set by over 5mm so you need to check they don't hit the wheel .

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
By the way, is the bolt for the rear caliper the same for the R32 and the R34, other than different pitch. The Brembo Caliper go straight on the rear, no drilling required?

Also, part number for the bolt would be extremely helpful.

I'll be doing mine when I come back. Sticky, Sticky, Sticky!!! :D

·
Registered
205 Posts
Will you be selling your old calipers?

Also check the SXOC for threads on fitting and drilling for brembo front calipers as it will be the same for you.

C.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts