GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after nearly 2 1/2 years of ownership it was time to say good bye to the GTR. It was sad to see it go as its been all round the best car I've had in terms of performance, reliability, comfort, cost etc etc. Also like to say a big thanks to RB Motorsport for looking after the GTR so well their service has been amazing!

I'll still be kicking round here and will be back perhaps with a later MY15 or see what happens with the R36.

Cheers for all the advice chaps!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
What are you moving to? I'm having difficulty with an alternative so am going to pimp mine a bit more instead

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are you moving to? I'm having difficulty with an alternative so am going to pimp mine a bit more instead
Got one of these RS6 its the V10 5.0L twin turbo, just need something a bit more family for awhile until the kids are older as trying to get a 15 month old into the back of GTR is PITA!

Plus with a remap and exhaust these will do 750hp and 900nm :D

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
Let me know how you get on with that Rob. Been looking at them more and more lately. Need to replace the ML soon

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
My 20 month and 4 year old girls fit in the back no problem, and oh yes they will fit!!!!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Yes, Flynn the word "my" would mean he was my 6 year old child, and no, not in the boot of course, that's where the wife goes.

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
My replacement for the gtr arrived this morning...B8 RS4...perfect balance of fun and family work horse...missus said she loves it already...she hated the gtr!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Oh god it must be catching. I've just paid a deposit on an s3 saloon. 8 month old son has won. Gtr on its way imminently. Will be a sad day but sure I'll be back.

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
For the love of god, I do hope you talking about one of your own children in the back seat and not some random 6 year old in the boot
wow flynns off his game aint he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deankenny
My 6 year old fits just perfect in the back of the GT-R.

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
Yes, Flynn the word "my" would mean he was my 6 year old child, and no, not in the boot of course, that's where the wife goes.
ownage! :chuckle:

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
The RS4 isn't a patch on the RS6 in my opinion.

I considered an RS6 before I bought the MY14.
Seemed sensible as I have a daily or two already.

Amount of option boxes you have to tick to make it a decent car was shocking though.

·
Banned
3,066 Posts

Amount of option boxes you have to tick to make it a decent car was shocking though.
Indeed. Not much change out of 100k :eek:

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Indeed. Not much change out of 100k :eek:
I know mine was 90k new :eek:

I liked the RS4 but wanted something a bit more bonkers and a bit different I.e. A V10 :) plus I remember getting beat by one in the GTR at the SCD day :(

Oh god it must be catching. I've just paid a deposit on an s3 saloon. 8 month old son has won. Gtr on its way imminently. Will be a sad day but sure I'll be back.
Yeah loved the GTR but I'm doing several runs a week ferrying the little one about and just need something easy for awhile.

Sorry to hear you have to park up for a bit but the RS6's is more than capable especially with a tweak, I do like them that would be my choice too...

Next Bristol Meet http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/261905-bristol-surrounding-area-sunday-15th-june-2014-a.html
Yeah it'll never be a track car or as good round the twists as a GTR but they're not bad and in a straight line they are very quick!!! I've been in a stage 2 car and was quicker than my old GTR stage 4!

Let me know how you get on with that Rob. Been looking at them more and more lately. Need to replace the ML soon
So far so good love it, great family car but been out today for a little blat and it's laugh out loud hen giving it the beans on the up shifts :) can't wait for its remap :cool:

My 6 year old fits just perfect in the back of the GT-R.
Yeah when she's older like 6-7 I'll get another GTR as I reckon she should fit in the front :)

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Bit of an Audi theme going on here.

I love all these choices, was literally thinking about the v10 twin turbo seconds before opening this thread.

The RS4 is a great looker though I prefer the 5 and the S3 saloon is one of the best looking audis ever.

They aren't the drivers car the Gtr is but are an incredible place to spend time. No one does an interior like Audi IMHO.

Currently I'm makbg do with diesel power with no plans to replace the Gtr with anything currently on the market. Am still pondering the zenos e10 as a dedicated fun car but there's something I don't like about having two cars. Probably that I always use one and since I'm getting older with fewer places to drive fast, massive speed is less of a priority.

Where will all of you being going Audi forum wise?

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts

I considered rs6 but the weight really put me off...sure rs4 not as fast but as a fast road car the rs4 is awesome and a great place to spend time...The v10 rs6 has an epic thirst which would grate on me after a while!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts