GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DONT BUY IT! This films sucks! The only one than can act is Vin Diesel, Paul Walker is the cheesiest bastard I have ever seen on telly: Quote "If I win, I take the money and the respect".

He should be shot.

And when you watch the first race, u will notice four cars driving up the road, with the car nearest the picture at the back, and then getting further from the camera the cars get further ahead of the rest. Then they do a ground shot of the cars skidding up to the race line in the opposite order (furthests skidding up last not first.) Its just the typical kind of thing that ruins a film, that was crap anyway.

You will also notice a yeallow skyline R33, which nobody drives above 30mph, but some cleer person decided it needed the 21st cenurary equivalent of racing stripes, which look supremely tacky.

I wont even talk about the bright orange supra with the overly large silver aerofoil.

If anyone in Max Power had any real money.... this would be what your local McDonalds would look like.

*Making my way to blockbuster to excahnge it for Swordfish*

Rob

WHAT A LOAD OF BULL.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Swordfish is not much better.

Best bit (or is it worse bit) was when the Chinese guy accused that fat bloke of nicking an SR20 out of his S2000. At least that what I thought he said. Then again since the Yanks put Skyline lights on Honda's etc it probably makes sense that they're putting Nissan engines into their Honda's.

Talat.

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Sorry folks, I disagree.

For a cheap thrills, fast cars, loads of HKS and BLITZ stuff flying around, I found it pretty damn entertaining.

I would say it is an absolute must for any petrolhead.

As long as you don't take it seriously, you'll enjoy it. :)

Cem

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
I agree with Cem. I saw TFATF in the cinema and quite enjoyed it. Bought it on DVD last week and have watched it 4 times. The acting may not be the best, but it's a pretty good film, plenty of action and i think some fairly smart looking cars (although agreed, i'm not one for all the graphics they like to put on).

As for swordfish, i love TVR's so that's a plus point, and Halle Berry - need i say more....infact, i must buy that tomorrow :D

But, it'd be a boring world if we all liked the same things eh !

Daz

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
furious

I also disagree, yes the plot was exactly the same as Point Break, cop gets too involved in the scene and becomes a part of it but I see it at the pictures and came striaght out and thought - I WANT NOS !!!!!!!!!

Havent had it fitted yet but went out and drilled holes in my steering wheel, through the airbag and fitted some red buttons, now when I want NOS, I push the buttton and make a shooosh noise with my mouth. Its kind of the same but without the expense and power.

In fact, when I think about it, it doesnt really work and now I have red buttons in my wheel, doh.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
NOS

thinking about it, what they should have done is made it about the tuned car drivers in the UK for realism. what they would have had is a movie based on 200 people sending emails to each other about fast cars sitting in front of thier computers.

Mr tarantino look out, im on to something here..........bye

·
Registered
961 Posts
if you havnt seen TAXI
then its worth a watch
-its only a tena on dvd
its french and has some great cases
the film starts with a ........
watch it to find out

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To be fair that supra prolly wud kick some skyline butt, it was tuned to 700bhp (in real life), and they had 2 cars, one for show (jumps etc) and one for racing (The Ferrari scene.)

You probably already know all of this though. It sold for about $60, 000 I think.

Anyway, I'd rather have the white blitz R34. In't that thing 1400 bhp or somin silly? The peak power is probably that high you would need second to overtake on an A-Road :D

Have Fun

Rob

·
Registered
961 Posts
when i mean french i mean its in france and you can buy the film in any vid shop

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Comments.....

Someone mentioned plot - Who the hell cares it's a car movie

Someone mentioned acting - Who the hell cares it's a car movie

Firstly, what do the yanks know about cars anyway. Mention Corvette in california and they listen, mention anything else and they don't understand. Mention driving to work at 100mph on the motorway every day and they don't believe you. Mention a performance Nissan and they think it's an oxymoron.

Secondly, they drive at 55mph everywhere (except Texas and a few other places).

Thirdly, the standard Yank-tank has the road holding of a barage baloon and rounds bends like a three-masted sailing rig.

Finally, They're all sh1t movies:)

......... just my thoughts on the matter:D :D

John

·
Registered
275 Posts
apart from the poor acting, my only criticism would be that perhaps the cars are a little understated?

:D

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Understated in what way? I guess you mean they arent well knowm models? You would probably find that prior to the owners mutilating them with lairy paint jobs and spoilers with more effective drag than the engine can compensate for at speeds over 100mph you would recougnise them all.

The fact of the matter is this:

If you want to watch a film, watch the matrix. If you want to have fun with a car, drive one, dont watch a bunch of bad actors driving bad cars badly with a bad scrip and a bad plot. :D

Whose opinionated??? :eek:

Rob

·
Registered
275 Posts
just my poor attempt at humour vennuth;) i was being tongue in cheek.
blimey...you really do hate this film eh?!
me? i think its crap, in the same way armageddon was crap, but enjoyable crap in a cheesy way.
plus i think the cars look pretty nice.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts