GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just thought you'd all be interested to know that the latest fast car mag (which came out today) features a white GTR33 by Option Motorsport. 4 Page spread....looks rather nice :D

Cheers
Daz
http://www.myselector.freeserve.co.uk

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
They don’t half make up the narrative though. As if Sak would say F*** Off when asked for a ride in his car! He is one of the most polite people I have met! Good to see it in the mag though. I stopped buying Fast Car years ago when it turned into a nova boys dream mag. It had seen a lot of improvements recently.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I saw that too !

It's always good to see a GTR in any mainstream magazine.

The trouble is that all these modified car magazines seem to have all the big headlines on the front i.e "1000 BHP GTR" but all you ever get inside is a couple of pictures and a box with a list of bits that were bolted on to make it go fast.

They never even mention what the car actually goes or drives like.
Is it the case that they never actually see the car move and just take pictures at shows or do they think that the details of how the car performs are unimportant ??

I'm don't mean to be negative about these mags as they are doing a lot for bringing modification to a wider audience (and there are always some nice ladies in there :p ) and therefore giving us a better choice of suppliers/parts etc as the market increases. I just wish they would read a few copies of Performance car or Evo and take some tips on how to review a car more thoroughly :) :)

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
1000bhp

I can't believe Fast Car have put the car in as being 1000bhp. This is just carrying on the bullshit that Max Factor started.

I also think it is quite degrading to the tuners who work their nuts off (and earn a fortune ;) ) and get underminded by twats like this. I am sure that Kiki/Nana had nothing to do with this as they are respectable highly regarded tuners.

But then again Fart Car etc., are appealing to a market that has no real 'knowledge' of performance cars. Ater meeting the editor, Steve, I felt that he knew what was going on and was realistic in the content of his mag.

Just makes me realise why I don't buy ANY motoring magazines. UNLESS my car is in it of course :D .

glen

·
Registered
710 Posts
Here, here

I'm with you Glen, I gave up buying car magazines a long time ago (with the exception of Evo and sometimes Autocar). A lot of them spread a lot of dis-information. I'd sooner buy an Option/Carboy magazine and look at the pictures - it's much more informative than reading a Max Power/Fast Car article.

Talat.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I would much rather spend My Valuable reading time on the Web site were I know I can set the BS filter up!

Joss I think we have the best One make Mag right here on the web site:D

with reports on events and tuning guides and all you have to do is read and learn

So Who needs mags that are not well informed and only have a hand full of writes when We have Henry and Glen to name a small sample of amusing Jurno's working to bring all areas of Skyline action to our Desk tops

Keep up the good work Lads :cool:

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Anorak

Bet you've got the binders as well Guy ?

No seriously Guy you've just got too much time on your hands. I'm only jealous.

glen

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
I buy a lot of car mags too, but holy sh1t Guy....do you actually manage to get through all of that in 1 month???
For anyone with a GTR, GTR magazine and Club Skylin(Hyper Rev) are definite buys!! If anyone has trouble finding them in the UK I'm sure I can help....they only do 6 issues a year though :(

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
After Guys list Dino I think we can borrow his as he will be reading something else.
The most annoying thing is that Guy can remember what is in each mag:eek:
How he does it I don't know :D
Best regards Alan

·
Registered
338 Posts
DCD

I would like to get hold of the GTR and Skyline mags.

Where is the best place to get them from ?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Speed reading Guy

Guy,
In the short space of time I've known you its struck me that you seem a well read man with huge breadth............of interests and knowledge!!!!!!
Now we know its true.......but why no mention of your other passion, ie/ Railway monthly, Buffer weekly, The Siding Shunter..............long saturday afternoons spent at the end of platform 4 at waterloo (alledgedley)
oh what the hell the cats out of the bag now!!!!!!
Regards
under read wroestar
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Murky Mags?????

Now, now Guy,
YOU were the one that told me about some funny little bookstall just off Baker Street where you buy your "interesting" material from..........................its OK, judging by some of the recent posts I've seen (Jamie!!!!) I think its a bit of an open secret
SSSSSSSHHHHHHH don't tell Glen though that they stock 'Floor laying made easy' and 'Knee grazing for enthusiasts'......oh and 'Bayside Blue House & Garden'

Regards,
(I've just worked out how avatars work)....wroestar:p

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Snouts

This is for Wroestar and Jamie.

If you are coming to The Grasshopper bring some bleeding fags with you. No not that type, Marlboro Lights. 'Cause if I have to keep supplying 'em I'll have to sell the 34 :rolleyes: .

That's all thankyou.

glen

·
Registered
530 Posts
Oily's

Glen,
At Kemble if you remember I went to great lengths to stuff a few "Lights" in your pinkies...........only managed the once cos you wouldn't stop bleedin talkin!!!!......I tried waving them about all over the place......must be your dodgy eyesight .....or your age...... or both
S**T just remembered I'm about the same age.....Damn
OK so dodgy eyesight then
Oh and I'll buy you 20 , ....couldn't see the Bayside City Roller being pawned now could we
Ha Ha He He.............wroestar

·
Registered
530 Posts
Local Terminology

AAAhhhhhhhhhhh ye olde Brentwood saying for
"Thanks wroestar, you're right I do go on a bit don't I"

wroestar:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts