GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Just saw The Fast & The Furious.
It had a R33 in it along with lots of others and some modified beyond recognition, but no Evo's or Suburu's. Are they also not imported into the USA like Skylines?

Vincent

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another thing, there was alot of use of NOS. Whats the view on using it as it doen't seem like a popular mod in UK.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Nos

Hi Vincent,

I think that nitrous isn't so popular here bacause ofa couple of factors.

1 nitrous oxide is used a lot in drag racing, the Dragging scene in the US seems to be a lot bigger than it is here so people want to have their cars to a similar spec to the drag cars. The US also has a lot more suitable roads for really hard drag style driving.

2 the roads in the UK are a bit bendy and for normal driving Nitrous is not a cheap option, A bottle wouldn't last long , which isn't too bad for a 1/4 mile sprint but when you are driving on normal roads it will last no time at all.
We very rarely use full boost for long in normal road driving as we tend to run out of road, imagine what it would be like with an extra couple of hundred horse power.. Mind you the same could be said for the 550 + bhp skylines that seem to be becoming quite common.

On Skylines people seem to use Nitrous just for the first 3000 rpm or so to give a bit of pep to the engine before the turbos are spooled up.

I think Nitrous also has a bit of a reputation for blowing up engines, Wet nitrous injection is a lot more controllable and less damaging to engines.

This is just my opinion

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts