GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

In your opinion what basic modifications are best for superior handling other than shocks/coilovers for a fast road/track car???

Searches showed very little.

Cheers

·
Vendor
12,590 Posts
Hi

In your opinion what basic modifications are best for superior handling other than shocks/coilovers for a fast road/track car???

Searches showed very little.

Cheers
NISMO S-Tune all day long:D

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Sad thing is you can't go that fast on the road anymore!

I would say:

-Strut Braces front and rear
-Ditch the HICAS (lockout bar etc.)
-Replacing Bushes and suspension arms as they're no doubt tired by now.

I'm sure there will be more.

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
NISMO S-Tune all day long:D
Time was I would agree with you all day long on this one but, having S-Tune on my car, I feel if you are going to take the car on track more than occassionally, it is the wrong suspension type for the car.
On the Nurburgring the suspension is fantastic, but on any other track I have driven I find the suspension to be too soft and feel there is a lot of lean in the corners.
S-Tune is fantastic for road but I feel too compromised for track.
I would love to argue that my track driving was getting "better" and I push a bit harder but not too sure.

If you are going to be using the car more on the road, S-Tune is the way to go though. Thats what my initial intention was but if you will be progressing on to track think seriously about it and whether another suspension setup may be beneficial.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have ohlins at the moment........better or lesser than S-tunes?
Got struts (hks)
Hicas lockout and bushes sound good.
When you lock the Hicas this results in??????

What have others done or looking to do?

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
When you lock the Hicas this results in??????
It locks the rear steering and stops the car having an input. Different strokes different folkes, personally i hate the HICAS and my car handles 100 times better without it. May be different on the R33 as it's electric as opposed to 32's hydraulic system. I feel without the car is much more predictable. :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts