Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fas

Oh well - another COMPLETE change of direction!

Was offered a P/X (mine + cash) for a very unusual "TOY" to add to my collection so the Cayman has now gone and been replaced with a 2019 Hyundai I30N Fastback from this years Spanish Touring Car series.

A class was created in 2019 for cars in a slightly lower class than the full blown TCR cars but this class was cancelled half way through the season due to low entry numbers.

Only Honda, Seat and Hyundai had built entries but the organisers expected more.

Spec is FULL FIA but with manual transmissions (with LSD) to reduce costs a little.

We are currently adapting the car the meet DVLA requirements for Road Registration in the UK (needs headlights + handbrake + fog light etc) meaning that she should be one AMAZING track day car that can actually be driven too and from the circuit!

Build Spec (from BRAND NEW car) is unreal and reported to have been over EUR 100K on top of the original EUR 27K to buy the car!

Comes with 3 full sets of 18 inch Braid forged wheels with Pirelli P Zero race tyres and she has only completed 3 races so only has 1,800km on the clock which includes dyno and set up time.

New 2019 I30N Fastback
2.0L turbo engine
Uprated race turbo
350 bhp remap
Uprated gearbox with electronic self-locking diff
Full motorsport pedal box
Motorsport gel battery
Fire extinction system (new regulations) with two components
Full FIA weld in roll cage
Two way adjustable motorsport suspension
Uprated trapezoids
Fully adjustable rear axle
AP racing double bba independent brakes
All brake lines replaced with Hell performance braided
front brakes 379mm
+++++++++ massive spec.

Am looking forward to a few interesting Track Days in her come spring!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts