GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Many thanks to Dave (s2gtr) from www.fasteronline.co.uk for sending me a full complement of PIAA indicator, sidelight and main beam bulbs to review.

I knew that fitting them myself wouldn't be an option as the indicator and main beam bulbs require removing the front wheelarch liners, but as my car was on the lift at Sumo Power yesterday having new pads and lines fitted, it was an ideal opportunity to pop them in.

The sidelight bulbs are accessible from the engine compartment and are nice LED items to replace the weedy orange stock items.

Stock:

PIAA LED:

The stock main beams are a little yellowish, especially compared to the Xenon dipped beams:

The PIAA bulbs are not HID, but they are much brighter and match the Xenons much better:

Finally, the stock indicators show too much orange when not on for my liking. What our colonial cousins call the "egg yolk" effect:

The PIAA "silvered" indicator bulb fits perfectly and all but eliminates the orange:

But is just as bright and orange as stock when lit:

Stadium lighting!

So all in all, a great success I think and for a reasonable price.

R.R.P Prices are H346 £25.38 + vat (Indicator)
H348 £59.35 + vat (Headlamp)
H520 £52.48 + vat (Sidelamp)

But maybe Dave would like to chime in with a GTR Register deal price?

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
David, I see where your are coming from with this from the asthetics view ... but do they make the lights any better - main beam ?
Apparently yes, but I haven't had a chance to check them out in the dark yet. Dave might have the specs from PIAA, but these bulbs are as bright as you can get without going HID, i.e. bi-Xenon.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Can you give us the codes to order by, I like the sidelight bulbs.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Email Dave on dave [ at ] a1motabitz.co.uk , he's a forum vendor.

ETA: beat me to it. So what about a package deal for GTR Register members Dave? ;)

·
Registered
570 Posts
**** me, £55 for side light bulbs, no wonder they look good.

Sadly I will still have to order some :D

·
Registered
570 Posts
Make it simple for me, which ones did you give to David.....!

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi David,

What pads did you have fitted?

Cheers
EBC Yellow Stuff. Haven't had a chance to try them properly yet, but initial impressions are good.

Better initial bite and more progressive than the Ferodo DS2500s I was trying.
Track day on the 21st will show their true ability and I'll post a separate thread about them after that.

·
Registered
570 Posts
so just that order code for the sidelight bulbs needed then.........

·
Registered
570 Posts
Er yeah, I er, kind of missed that. H520. Will order tomorrow!

·
Registered
183 Posts
David, I see where your are coming from with this from the asthetics view ... but do they make the lights any better - main beam ?
Hi - have these on mine - can show you next time I bring to work.....they really do make a huge difference...now I've seen David's indicators, am going to get those too.

P

PS - if you order the side lights, don't panic if they don't work first time around - just turn them around as they are polarity dependent....if I'd RTFM'd, I would have known....:)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts