GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone...

I dont mean speed in the title, I mean time!!

I've got an M3 CS at the moment which is four years old and whilst I love it, its getting a bit long in the tooth. Then an uncle died recently and left me some money and then I saw Top Gear a couple of weeks ago and saw the new Ferrari 458 which I fell in love with, then I found out it was about £175k so fell out of love quite quickly then thought that I wanted more performance than my M3 as I'd started to think Ferrari / Porche / Aston etc but all too expensive. Then I remebered the Top gear about the GTR....

So, I started to look at the GTR on Tuesday, have watched zillions of You Tube vids, read most of this site and others and went to Marshalls in Cambridge this morning who had a cancelled Premium silver that I am now picking up on Wednesday after doing the deal this morning.

So, 8 days from first thinking about it to actually picking it up. That must be close to a record??

Some might say I'm a bit mad but I've done my research and at the end of the day, you only live once!!

I guess that most of you guys will think I've made the right decision but any comments about my exciting day on Wednesday and things to ask or avoid will be most welcome.

Cheers, Lenny :smokin:

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
I believe that is a record and i'm sure many many many people on here will be mega pissed/jealous as some have 2010 dates!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry! I didn't mean to p*ss anyone off, especially with my first post. I thought about waiting for a Sat Nav car but then the desire got he better of me... :chuckle:

·
Registered
634 Posts
I believe that is a record and i'm sure many many many people on here will be mega pissed/jealous as some have 2010 dates!
I wondered if someone was going to say that but it is Nissan that are at fault - the cancelled orders should go to the people next in line but that said it is a business and it's primary role is to make money.

Congrats on the the new motor.

Kp

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well done Lenny, you lucky person. I'm biting my lip here.. A wise choice
you won't be disappointed it's an astounding machine with massive street presents... ENJOY!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Enjoy it , only thing to remember is how long the nose is ,(I brought mine home & nudged the dust bin haha ) + the wheels stick out more than you will be used to , ( my test pilot cousin nearly kirbed the LHS wheels , very tense moment for me as passenger ) but no harm done . just enjoy your running in which is more painful than you might think . :smokin:

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
Enjoy it , only thing to remember is how long the nose is ,(I brought mine home & nudged the dust bin haha ) + the wheels stick out more than you will be used to , ( my test pilot cousin nearly kirbed the LHS wheels , very tense moment for me as passenger ) but no harm done . just enjoy your running in which is more painful than you might think . :smokin:
You should bring your car along to the Kent meets on the first Sunday of every month.
Ravenheart is the area rep and i'm sure we would all like to see another 35 turn up :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
14 days for mine so not beating the record but I was pretty happy. Black, black edition, sourced through Lawton Brook but originally from Middlehurst. Very happy indeed. Optimisation service in 2 weeks. Can't wait!!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Well done Lenny, you lucky person. I'm biting my lip here.. A wise choice
you won't be disappointed it's an astounding machine with massive street presents... ENJOY!
Yep, watch out for those massive street presents, they are a bugger to unwrap.

I can guarantee you'll enjoy this car better than the M3 :clap:

·
Registered
37 Posts
test drove one on the saturday, got mind the friday after!! i could have got one quicker if i did not want black black edition which is the one i got :)

got it from my local nissan dealer, i was lucky though as it was a cancelled order that the dealer already had there and was waiting on confirmation of the cancellation!

sam

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase fella & a wise choice too :thumbsup:

·
Registered
135 Posts
With 53 USED cars for sale on Autotrader alone ranging in price from £46,975 to £62,995 there is a definite secondary market opening up. I am therefore not suprised that people can get a new one (non Sat-nav) quite quickly now.

I am enjoying my UMS R35 too much (especially after taking it to the Nurburgring two weekends back) to think about what the market will be like when I do come to sell it with all the sat-nav ones out there too.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hi everyone...

I dont mean speed in the title, I mean time!!

I've got an M3 CS at the moment which is four years old and whilst I love it, its getting a bit long in the tooth. Then an uncle died recently and left me some money and then I saw Top Gear a couple of weeks ago and saw the new Ferrari 458 which I fell in love with, then I found out it was about £175k so fell out of love quite quickly then thought that I wanted more performance than my M3 as I'd started to think Ferrari / Porche / Aston etc but all too expensive. Then I remebered the Top gear about the GTR....

So, I started to look at the GTR on Tuesday, have watched zillions of You Tube vids, read most of this site and others and went to Marshalls in Cambridge this morning who had a cancelled Premium silver that I am now picking up on Wednesday after doing the deal this morning.

So, 8 days from first thinking about it to actually picking it up. That must be close to a record??

Some might say I'm a bit mad but I've done my research and at the end of the day, you only live once!!

I guess that most of you guys will think I've made the right decision but any comments about my exciting day on Wednesday and things to ask or avoid will be most welcome.

Cheers, Lenny :smokin:
sorry m8 i believe i beat that. i had been intrested in evo x but noyhing solid as never bought a brand new car before . went to mitbushi garage and registered intrest and asked for a phone call soon as they come out in the u.k . never recieved that phone call so decided to take another vist in a spur of the moment . with a evo x sitting there i asked for a test drive to be told no ...went home reeling a thought na f*** uyou mitsubishi picked up the phone phoned nissan garage and oredered now that s what i call spur of the moment lol :clap::clap:wohhhhoooooo just orederd the r35 gtir - Mitsubishi Lancer Register Forum

1 - 16 of 16 Posts