R9 295x2 :bowdown1::bowdown1::bowdown1:

comes in a briefcase.

Going quad sli water cooled instead :)

£850 quick sale.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yeh that's why I got it. I knew down the line I could always pick up a cheap 290x for a monster machine. The card i'm selling is faster then a titan Z which costs twice as much and that's with crap drivers.

I'm thinking Ill sell now and when I'm more free to play I can apply the funds then and see whats available. Ill be going x99 in a few months so can do a build then.

Was going to go custom water cooled but after looking at the corsair h110 I can just run that in push pull and instead of trying to overclock the crap out of the CPU I can just get a better CPU with money saved from water cooling and stick with a modest overclock.

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
I've never seen one in the flesh and I work for the company...

I do have 16GB graphics card to play with

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
funny that as super high end effects/shaders/AA is still hard on 4K...

lots of 4k monitors are not true 4k, they look good but share pixels to keep the price down

that said its going the right way
R

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
yes still have this.
Drop me a price. Ive got one 295x2 already, but may get this if it's the right price instead of getting a 290x for trifire.

Just built a micro atx system, based on the Corsair Obsidian 350d. Tis looking good, and is very compact without sacrificing cooling.

funny that as super high end effects/shaders/AA is still hard on 4K...

lots of 4k monitors are not true 4k, they look good but share pixels to keep the price down

that said its going the right way
R
Why on earth would you need AA with 3840x2160?????

And what 4k monitors aren't true 4k? I've had 3 so far. All were true 3840x2160. The new TN panels are very affordable. Very good response rates for gaming too.

Not sure where you get your info from to be honest, because if you work for Amd I thought you be clued up?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Drop me a price. Ive got one 295x2 already, but may get this if it's the right price instead of getting a 290x for trifire.

Just built a micro atx system, based on the Corsair Obsidian 350d. Tis looking good, and is very compact without sacrificing cooling.
Nice. PM Sent.

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
Samsung TV's and various panels are not true 4K. lots of monitors are only 30Hz and not 60Hz doubles the cost, uses more bandwidth

yes AA is not needed at 30inch but 55inch+ etc on 3D object renders etc. you see it. Anything that uses GPU power like OIT and effect shaders have various performance hits. Most games cut the mesh size and bump up the material effects so you don't notice. If you do visualisation you want it all detail and effects on.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
So are the 4ks not worth it at the moment? Was looking at the 120hz benq for RTS based games aswell - are they not true 120hz? or are you saying it is based on my hardware?

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
Samsung TV's and various panels are not true 4K. lots of monitors are only 30Hz and not 60Hz doubles the cost, uses more bandwidth

yes AA is not needed at 30inch but 55inch+ etc on 3D object renders etc. you see it. Anything that uses GPU power like OIT and effect shaders have various performance hits. Most games cut the mesh size and bump up the material effects so you don't notice. If you do visualisation you want it all detail and effects on.
Do you work for AMD?

I'm assuming you just empty the bins or something

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do you work for AMD?

I'm assuming you just empty the bins or something
I'm wondering the same thing.

AA works on the pixels, so even if you go 100 inch because you have the same number of pixels you wont get more smoothing.

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
but all the processing needs to go via the GPU AA can be a post process but higher sampling needs more work, AO, OIT etc needs GPU power, 4K means more processing per frame more pixels to process, video is different to 3D

60Hz is the max 4K at the moment

yes I empty my bin every Tuesday

Will be at IBC and Siggraph with 6k content using 4k 10bit monitors and 4 cards per box
R

1 - 20 of 46 Posts