GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Listening to the radio today on xfm, I heard a trailer for a new show on channel 5 tonight at 8o'clock called fifth gear. Basically it's top gear, but of possible interest was a claim of the fastest nissan sunny in europe with 400bhp. Don't know if this is true of not but thought people on the site would like to know.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Indeed - the car in question has 400 bhp...and is certainly one of the quickest in the UK. There are one or two that are quicker in the UK (for instance there is one that's been dynoed at 404bhp without the 50bhp nitrous switched on).

In Holland there is one that apparently has around 20% more horsepower than the one on TV tonight (as mentioned on one of the GTI-R lists).

A bit of a "rich" claim made by the tv show, but at the end of the day, who cares...i'll just be glad to see a GTI-R getting a bit of "coverage" for once - especially one so quick !

Cheers
Daz - video at hand !

·
Registered
19 Posts
400BHP! In Japan there are quite a few around running in the high 500's and if not more!!!! :eek:

I saw a drag tape of one doing a 1/4 time is 10.4 seconds, it was a street car too! theres a GTIR that was imported by someone which use to drag in high 10's which he will be bringing out this summer after some work.

I know Option Motorsport on their Japan base have one which is 600BHP.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts