GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to this forum, but I am into rallying big time so have a good knowledge of the usual rally monsters etc.

One of my mates has a Nissan Skyline R34 V-Spec so we often talk jap tuning etc.

He reackons there is a Skyline that can do 250 MPH ? Is this true? He said it is known as the Lemon skyline or something...

Anyone got any info and pics specs etc?

Cheers

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Nav,

The Super Lemons (there were three I think) were built by JUN. Each had a specific objective and one was very much for top speed. As far as 250mph it's quite possible.

It is not unusual (if a little rare) for cars to be capable of 200mph. I know of two in the UK taht have topped that speed at some point.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I can't imagine that 250mph would be easy to drive at...

I find that at 150-160 (on a private road or autobahn obviously) scary enough - things just seem to move too fast :rolleyes: and you run out of road far too quickly!

That said I'd love to try 200+mph - just haven't been to the right place for it yet! I think I'd like to build my confidence though it would be great to half my Bristol to Preston time ;)

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
I disagree,

as you appraoch the speed of light your mass tends towards infinity, meaning it will take an infinite amount of force to accelerate that mass, this will thereforerequire an infinte amount of torque drivign the wheels, and hence an infinte amount of power.

This rolling roads and even bench dynos dont tend to run up to infinty, you wont be able to map the thing and so it cant be done.

its at this point where some fool comes in and said he will rise to a challenge because someone else says it cant be done. In this case, I will gladly state to anyone, that it simply cant be done.

(the speed of light I mean, not 250mph! :d)

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
22B,

Of course your ignoring the presence of the Improbability Drive. (not to mention string theory and the tear in the space-time continuum).:) :smokin:

1 - 20 of 97 Posts