and has undergone huge improvements, even the gear box is sweet now
So its got to be tried

Gary

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
238mph

Gary

If you are gonna start offering challenges to beat top speeds, at least consult me first, I dont know if my car will be available to push yours at that speed, especially whilst towing a caravan. I'll give it a trry for you though, maybe you should have sent me a PM first:D

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Now now

Andy,
My gearing is different to yours, but I am glad you have acepted the fact that you are behind my car trying to push it along, I may have a spare tow rope so that you might be able to feel what the additional speed was like :D

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Don't

forget 209.4mph at Elvington in 2002 by the Rocket timed with RACMSA approved gear and not a sand held egg timer or GPS whatever they call it :D .

Come on Gary get upto Elvington. I've got the number of the guy who can sort it and its not a lot of dosh. This is the perfect time of the year as well as long as it ain't raining.

Andy, and you can bring that expensive christmas wrapping paper as well :D :D :D .

Deano. When you gonna be ready.

Glen

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Jees I went 150mph in my little R32 running 1.1 bar boost (about 530bhp) I then thought about my license and slowed down.

Apparently the FD RX7 is one of the top speed 'daddy's' but then again I am bias.

Anything over 200mph is incredible, I would pay to see some GTR top speed runs. Bring it on!

Anthony.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
I have a couple of vide of Ronnie doing two 19x+ vids somewhere. I'll dig them out and post them up. Its sounds like a bloody jet fighter :)

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
i would pay too see a skyline go over 200 i know they can do it and would love to see it just be carefull thats all things go bloody
quick after 150 it is mad

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I

Have decided to attempt a top speed with my car,
After doing it with dennis 5 years ago at bruntingthorpe i dident want to go that fast again.
I have a couple of safety issues I wish to carry out first and then we will be ready,
I also want a TYRE SPONSER, 07730 813455
Glen you can arrange the track brunters or whatever and the official timing gear if you would as you have the contacts and we can do it soon in the new year on a dry windless sunny day,
I would treat this as the second stage of development, and then I think a longer run would be nessesary to see when it stops acellerating
what do ya think:)

Gary Passingham
GT ART

I NEED A TYRE SPONSER
I NEED A TYRE SPONSER
I NEED A TYRE SPONSER

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you're considering doing over 200mph you want to be looking at modifying the aerodynamics of your car

At best without it's just limiting your speed/acceleration and thus your top speed, and at worst you might find the car starts to take off at the front or back in which case at that speed you've got no chance.

John

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
awesome i will pay to see it sounds like a challenge your car will fly above 200 mmm 230 i reckon ???

lee

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Fuggles said:
22B,

Of course your ignoring the presence of the Improbability Drive. (not to mention string theory and the tear in the space-time continuum).:) :smokin:
H2G2 Rules :smokin:

Gary said:
Have decided to attempt a top speed with my car,
After doing it with dennis 5 years ago at bruntingthorpe i dident want to go that fast again.
I have a couple of safety issues I wish to carry out first and then we will be ready,
I also want a TYRE SPONSER, 07730 813455
Glen you can arrange the track brunters or whatever and the official timing gear if you would as you have the contacts and we can do it soon in the new year on a dry windless sunny day,
I would treat this as the second stage of development, and then I think a longer run would be nessesary to see when it stops acellerating
what do ya think

Gary Passingham
GT ART
I suggest the following, as Andy also fancies such attempt.

1. Place to try this: There is none... Only Germany qualifies, i think.
2. Measure it: Either use the same handheld GPS, or even better, get a VBOX for a day.
3. Prove it: Video + photo.
4. Compare it: Everyone on the same day, same road.

I'd be glad to help out where i can (pictures ;) ), and I'll be a judge :smokin:

All in favor of finding the fastest car on the planet ;-)

61 - 80 of 97 Posts