1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
GTR R35, CBA, 2010, 67k miles
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vehicle details: GTR R35 2010, 67k miles
Recent work: New upgraded Bellhousing fitted by indie garage
Side note (in case it's relevant): Once I got the car back, using Cobb I performed clutch relearn, codes appeared half an hour after this!
Codes thrown: P0011, P2A00, P2A03 (sometimes the lamda codes, P2A00 & P2A03 appear on their own or together, though P0011 is always present)

I'm aware there's threads already discussing the P0011 cam timing issues, which I've read and followed initial procedures to overcome, however as these codes have shown together and just after the bellhousing work I wanted to know if this is something that could have in any way triggered it all.

What I've done so far to sort the P0011 code
1 - Changed oil and filter (Amsoil signature, 0w40)
2 - New Nissan OEM oil filter
3 - Removed and cleaned bank 1 VVT solenoid (it was ultrasonically cleaned)
4 - Replaced battery (health wasn't optimal and needed to rule out low battery throwing strange codes)
5 - Replaced all spark plugs - I know this isn't related, but I done it anyway as it was due.

The codes have been reset 3 times already and have returned after 34 miles, 61 miles and then lastly 11 miles respectively.

Since it's only 1 bank, I've been told I could rule out timing chain as the large chain if stretched would throw codes for banks 1 & 2.

I'm next planning on swapping the Camshaft positions sensors around, to see if the code moves to bank 2.... albeit I'll need to find them first, I have an idea where they are, will I need to remove the intake manifold to reach them?

Anyway, I'm hoping from the information above, hoping it gives some insight and if anyone can tell me if they've had this after work on the bellhousing, or in that area of the car at all?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
33 Posts
Bell housing often involves popping downpipes off which can cause leaky refits and broken studs.

You checked all the sensors plugs are clean and cables aren't damaged etc?

To be honest id just take it back seeing as it was so soon

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, @Stbuk yeah as far as I can see within the engine, sensors look fine. Went under car to look at the lamdas too, nothing obvious though. At my wits end. Told them as soon as it happened but they say the p0011 will have nothing to do with their work \(*~')/ . I'll get them to have a look though.
Btw, there's no difference in the sound of the engine or the drive, I wonder if this means it could be electrical as opposed to mechanical?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update
After clearing the codes for the 4th time, I switched engine on and idled until engine temp optimal, whilst viewing data from cobb.

Once the oil temp had warmed up, I noticed two codes appeared when I scanned (no engine warning light present), the P0011 and this time P0300, which is a misfire detection. I got this once before I changed the plugs recently, so plugs have been changed and not the cause.

It's idling between 825 and 850 rpm, so the idle isn't great as I hear some chattering from under car. Switching on A/C and the rpm increases to 925-950 and chattering just about goes away and idles better.

I took a video of the engine idling to listen for anything unusual in there. If anyone can tell me if this is a normal sounding idle for the GTR. You can hear a tapping though it's not loud as you don't hear it from inside car.

Any feedback appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had that P0300 a couple of years ago, multiple misfires along with a P0305 which was a spark plug. What I did to get rid of the P0300 was to empty my fuel tank and fill it up with fresh fuel. Firstly I checked the codes, erased them, replaced the fuel, checked again, P0300 was gone and P0305 remained changed the plugs and that disappeared as well. P0300 has never returned after that. I did all of this after talking to a tuner/mechanic sending him a log and then following his advice.
I also had a ticking noise from the rear of the engine bank1 which was quite loud, now I come to think of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts