GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the most popular and favorite 2.8 stroker kit that ppl used in there rb26?
i want to go 2.8 but dont know which brand should i go for..

·
Premium Member
3,662 Posts
what is the most popular and favorite 2.8 stroker kit that ppl used in there rb26?
i want to go 2.8 but dont know which brand should i go for..

Hi We have the full kit in stock

Billet Crank
I Beam Rods
2.8 Forged Pistons
ACL Race Bearing Mains And Big Ends

Give us a call if this is of help

Regards Mark

·
Registered
919 Posts
I would say Tomei because I have one and it will be for sale soon :)
Was your 900+ wbhp achieved on said tomei kit? Rb Motorsport say they are only good to 750 bhp, there was a post a while back, and that is what they posted

·
Registered
671 Posts
Was your 900+ wbhp achieved on said tomei kit? Rb Motorsport say they are only good to 750 bhp, there was a post a while back, and that is what they posted
No, that was with a oem crank.

I can not see why Tomei cranks would be weaker.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Also interesting about this question. It appears my forged motor needs to be removed again for ringland problems, so I was thinking stroker.

Tomei is the cheaper kit at 3.7k us. However, BC crower and spool import make a 2.9 ( should I notice the extra 50-60cc over the tomei ?) for about 1.5k more ( but I know a few retailer who will have 10-15% sales from times to time which bring the price down to about 1k difference.

Just curious if the extra price is worth it ? I guess if the crankshaft is better quality + you get an extra 50cc, it might be worth it.. please help me :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
How much performance do you gain in terms of low to mid range torque, and peak power? How many RPM sooner would you achieve full boost?

I have -9's and stock cams and am considering a stroker kit to improve off boost performance.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Step 3 kit is real nice. Have one in mine.
Only bad bit is the oil rings are a pain in the backside to get in the block. Tried with an alloy tapered ring tool and after breaking 2 had to buy a full new set of ring at £300. My 20 year old draper clockwork spring tool worked a treat.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Tomei 2.8 kit is a forged crank not billet, good for street kit not high RPM 700hp is safe.

Even though you are talking 2.8 kits I do like the sound of the old Trust 2.7 and a nice set of step 2 Tomei Procams ... the best sound :)

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
Tomei 2.8 kit is a forged crank not billet, good for street kit not high RPM 700hp is safe.

Even though you are talking 2.8 kits I do like the sound of the old Trust 2.7 and a nice set of step 2 Tomei Procams ... the best sound :)
Is the forging the problem or something else?

I ask because people seem to make much more than 700bhp (and high rpm) with OEM cranks which are (I beleive) forged.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just curious, but are these kits full sets of internals replacements? ie would you need to replace anything else in the process or is it a holistic kit good for 750hp (minus turbos obviously).

·
Registered
161 Posts
Is the forging the problem or something else?

I ask because people seem to make much more than 700bhp (and high rpm) with OEM cranks which are (I beleive) forged.
It wont be the forging as a forging of the same material as a billet crank is stronger. It comes down to material choice and Heat treatment selection etc.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Funny nobody has picked up that the Tomei forged 8 counter 2.8L crankshaft is a factory Nissan forging that is machined with a 77.7mm stroke as opposed to the factory stroke of 73.7mm.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts