GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Very very impressive. Met Steve for the first time today to do a quick check of my car on the dyno and for me to see how he works and what he can do.

Well, its kind of sad when I say that I havent been as impressed as when I last saw the tweenster mapping. B****y friendly bloke, takes time to explain things to you, honest advice and a guru on the dyno by all measures.

Really glad to have found him and cant recommend him enough.

455 @ 1bar (8900rpm) NO REV LIMITER ON THE VXROM!!! ---- 4 foot:flame: to boot :)

however that was with the controller turned off and on wastegate spring only.

Turns out the car also has 2530s not 2510s and 600cc not 550cc..

next stop 500 torques (well the aim) via "The Teacher" with the Nistune, cant wait.... anyone got a spare R32 ECU banging about?

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Steve has done my r32 gtr at hayes engineering and I'm always impressed with his work.he has time for everyone.he was round my house lastnight sorting out my cold start.thanks again steve.

Leo

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was admiring your car on the wall at Hayes today mate.

We should have a Skyline sesh down there, plenty of room and I know Steve would love the pictures and vids.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
cheers m8..Count me in! ill be straight down there.I've got 2510s and my car made 505bhp but afms maxed out so detuned to 480ish at 1bar.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It may be too soon but **** B would confirm what I am going on about. Similar spirits for sure.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Absolute legend... mapped my car last night with the Nistune... what a transformation.

I think... (not so good with these graphs) we were at 450ft lbs of torques (4500rpm) and 507hp (7100rpm) when the poor old mines fuel pump came to the limits of its talent. I think 2250lbs of tractive effort was cool too :)

Considering how quickly and cleanly the car revs now I am amazingly happy with the result. Plenty of flames on the dyno... I am told pictures and video will follow in time.

This guy really is a legend... cannot recommend him enough. Please PM me for any more details and recommendations.

People in the GTR community need to start using this guy. When Rob passed I genuinly found myself wondering who the hell is going to look after my GTR... who the hell is going to be as clever and as friendly and as honest...

I found the guy.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Good figures mate. Bet its quick!

Where abouts are they based? How long was you on the rollers and how much does he charge?

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its not a they, its a him... Steve from FC Tuning. At the moment he is mainly working out of Hayes Engineering in Dartford... so right near you mate. Give him a call for pricing... NISTUNE is the way forward.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Sounds good mate. Thats good power from only 1 bar too!

I take it the Nistune thing is some sort of ECU.

I'll look into it

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1.3 or 1.4 bar I think

nistune us a remapped GTR ECU. in oz cars are running up to 800hp

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Steve wiill there be room for me today?I've got my nismo afm now! The good things about the nistune ecu you can still use the as a fault code reader,fits back into its space as normal and one thing I love the most cold start works as stock.lol

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
not sure mate to be honest... The head is brand new and there is blue gasket sealant around the sump... nissan gasket sealant is orange I think so it safe to say it's come off for something. I would also expect the engine serial number to be much lower as my chassis was made in Feb 1989 and is one of the first 1300.

Please please let ne know when you are going for a power check or a nistune... Would love to see R32 mk1 again....

What sort of spec is your motor? Internal wise?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
You wouldn't at the moment. I aint cleaned it properly in 3 months! Work and the little man take up ALL my time!

Actually, I have a new power FC to go on, but aint got the time nor money to get it done. Can he map Power FC's?

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
all day long m8..thats what he started on like 10 years ago.lol..

ive got a power fc for sale of a r32 gtr if anyone is looking for one.

leo

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sell that power fc and spend the money on nistune and Steve mapping it. You don't need the power fc and the factory ecu can do everything you need.

You wouldn't at the moment. I aint cleaned it properly in 3 months! Work and the little man take up ALL my time!

Actually, I have a new power FC to go on, but aint got the time nor money to get it done. Can he map Power FC's?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts