GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Going to be getting my V Pro fitted/tuned and was considering getting a wideband o2 installed for the a/f feedback. Now the fact that a GTR 2 o2 sensors, does that mean I need 2 wideband o2's? Or can I have a bung welded in somewhere and just use one?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Depends if you want the V-Pro to use it, it does not have too.

You can fit one and use an AFR display, HKS have the knock amp and AEM do one.

DaveG

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats the thing, is it worth it to get 2 widebands and have the vpro use the a/f feedback to constantly tune? Or would I be fine with just a regular tune?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
if you use one wideband it cant control bank one/two seperately like it does as stock, normally there is one for each bank of three cylinders, one side can be lean

if you use one you will get an average of both banks, one at 13.0-1, one at 11.0-1, average 12.0-1 but one is lean to the point of det and one is rich

twins are nice but would be expensive

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
It's not advisable to run with the O2 feedback on all the time. It's fine for warm engine cruise/idle. But otherwise you shouldn't need it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's not advisable to run with the O2 feedback on all the time. It's fine for warm engine cruise/idle. But otherwise you shouldn't need it.
Really? Hmmm i was under the impression I should have it on all the time. Now here's another question. Is there a way to have one wideband o2 hookedup but not doing the feedback? I have the Fcon Navigator which will display the a/f ratio signal from the vpro.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also, wouldnt it best to have the a/f feedback on all the time in the event that say an injector or fuel filter gets blocked and the car begins to lean out, the vpro would then cut the ignition and not allow the car to run lean?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.