GTR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly I’m not really into 1/4 mile racing but I thought this would be of interest to those of you that are:

I found this article in Sport Compact Car magazine featuring Feast Racing Service a Japanese tuner that has built this 8.667 second R33 GT-R I’ve tried to find more info on their website http://www.feast-power.com but couldn’t find any details of this car. I could scan the article into a pdf file but I think that would infringe the copyright.

Does anyone have any further details of this car?

The caption under the picture was interesting “ The engine building room, is clean and temperature-controlled to as close to 20 degrees, as possible, to closely replicate the conditions in the Nissan factory. Variations in temperature can affect the extremely precise tolerances specified in engine assembly, so precision micrometers for this purpose are calibrated at 20 degrees Celsius.”

Paul.

PS this is a article on the Motorex Pikes Peak car. http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0208scc_covercar/

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Sounds like one hell of a car! I've seen a couple of Feast cars run before at the drags in Japan, but none that have gone 8.66. Very cool. :D

Cya O!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I havent driven it on boost yet as i dont know how its going to respond to Optimax/ super UL, but theres certainly no boost up to 4000rpm (my self imposed rev limit), so lag is definately the word.

From my expectations and information from others, it'll be coming on boost about 5000rpm then its a case of holding on for dear life !
If i dont sell it first, i'll get it set up as soon as its through the MOT . Emissions are the only fail point :(

Still - its no slouch off boost and makes good noise :)

Chris

·
Registered
101 Posts
hey skylining, just scanned the article.... we need the info. copyright schumkyright... who cares... i just wanna know more. i could buy the magzine, but i dont want to waste $5 on an article....

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Motorex "Big Bird" R33 Skyline GTR
Acceleration
0-30 mph: 2.7 sec.
0-60 mph: 6.2 sec.
30-50 mph: 1.9 sec.
50-70 mph: 2.4 sec.
Quarter Mile: 14.1 sec. @ 104 mph
Handling
Lateral grip (200ft skidpad): 0.90 g
Slalom Speed (700 ft slalom): 65.2 mph
Braking
60-0 stopping distance: 125 ft

those figures dont looks right to me.....
whats the go there?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hmmmm

The quarter mile figure is way out. If you think a McLaren F1 does 60 in 3.2 sec, and 100 in 6.3, it passes the quarter in 11.8 at 138mph.

I'd think therefore this car would do similar...

Andy T.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts