GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
every morning squeeks for ages and also squeeks as i drive. sounds like fan belt. but was changed only 6 months ago??

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
You can try to retighten it, but tbh it's no point.

Its probably got stretched because of a weak/flat battery.

Best thing, is to get a new battery and then fit the new belt, or get yourself an electronic charger, and leave that on when your not using the car for long periods.

This is a common problem with most GTR's.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
I know I'm gonna sound dumb by asking this, but it's never stopped me in the past :D Why does a weak/flat battery lead to a stretched belt??

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Because your putting load on the alternator when the battery is weak/flat and hence on the belt.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its doing my head in

doesnt stop when i start driving. only goes after a while then comes back after while!

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ma1lik said:
Faz sounds like your cars falling apart already shame mate you could bin it or just give me the keys :D
i know tell me bout it!:D dunno if ill make it to southend on sunday:confused:

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Rub the inside of the belt with fairy liquid, this cleans up the rubber, and makes it grippier.
What ever you do, don't over tighten the belt, as your water pump will fail soon after.

·
Registered
700 Posts
NISFAN said:
Rub the inside of the belt with fairy liquid, this cleans up the rubber, and makes it grippier.
What ever you do, don't over tighten the belt, as your water pump will fail soon after.
Applied Chemical used to make an aerosol product called belt-grip. I haven't seen any for a few years but it could be the saviour of many a RB water pump.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts