GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok guys I have tried keeping away for as long as possible but the GTR passion is burning inside me and I'm looking to pick up an R32 or R33 GTR for now.

Was wondering whether any of you guys would be interested in moving to an E46 M3 Convertible which has only covered 27k miles from new.

Basic details:

Carbon Black convertible with Dolphin Grey Leather
EVERY option incl. Widescreen Sat Nav/TV
Bluetooth Telephone Prep
Heated Leather
Harmon Karden Sound Package
19" Polished OEM Wheels
Auto lights
Auto Wipers

The M3 is totally unmodified and factory spec.

Car is sadly on a Cat D status due to an accident back in 2006. Has been used as my daily driver over the last year I have owned it and has not let me down once for anything at all.

Thanks for looking.

Faz

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
nice car

i could see your desire to own a skyline when we had a chat a few months ago

best of luck with the sale looks like a very clean car

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice car

i could see your desire to own a skyline when we had a chat a few months ago

best of luck with the sale looks like a very clean car
Thanks man

The M3 is basically like a brand new car and I would not be even thinking of letting it go unless it was for a GTR.

I will still be planning to buy a R34 GTR later this year or early 2011, as that will be THE GTR to keep in my eyes. I don't think I'd ever sell it lol.

If I can't strike a deal for a 33 or 32 I want, then I will just wait a year or so, but I'm an impatient bastard and want that RB26 under my right foot!

I certainly won't be giving the M3 away.

I need 2 cars in a year or so, so was thinking the R34 and also 32/33...if not then it'll be M3 for the wife and 34 for me :)

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
m3

thats a lovely beemer youve got there mate.i used to own a m3 evo and spent over 15k on it.it was great fun to do a track day in also.trouble was that rear wheel drives a killer for getting round corners quickly as i found out at lyden wene my mate in his cossy p*ssed pass me:squintdan. ive got a gtr32 and trust me you wont be disapointed.(wene its actually up and running properly onthe road!!)good luck in finding anice gtr bud:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the kind comments guys

The S54 in an E46 M3 is an amazing engine...I love it and the sound is too die for!

M3's are rapid for a street, daily driver etc.

Love all the luxuries also, but would have an R34 GTR over my cab...a lot of people wouldn't but thats people who have never had a GTR.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
What do you value the M3 at? Probably more than my GTR, but worth a punt! :D

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
dont show me things like this ;)

i need to be more sensible and look at something like a 330ci! what kind of deal are you after mate?

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
dont show me things like this ;)

i need to be more sensible and look at something like a 330ci! what kind of deal are you after mate?
Chris, you can't drive a convertible............it will ruin your lovely blonde hair!!

:chuckle:

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
It is a nice car, and Cat D is **** all to worry about really anyway. It's just the thought of it that puts some people off. It wouldn't put me off though, if I was after one of these I mean :)

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Haha boosted!

If paul walker can get away with his hair in the wind ill bloody well try it ;) LOL

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It is a nice car, and Cat D is **** all to worry about really anyway. It's just the thought of it that puts some people off. It wouldn't put me off though, if I was after one of these I mean :)
Very true.

When I bought the M3 I did all my checks and took it for an extensive test drive. I wasn't looking for a cheap Cat D M3 at all, but I couldn't let this one go, with only 17000 miles on the clock from new. Checked out all the history with BMW and it all tally'd up perfect.

Its had the important 1200 mile service, which many M3's don't. Its had the subframe checked and all is fine (many E46's have cracked subframes!!!) as of 2 weeks ago BMW Chiswick.

I have loved owning/driving it for the last 12 months and I really am not looking to sell as i stated in my first post...its only because I am getting the urge to get into another GTR.

If I can't get a deal that every party is happy with then so be it, every time I drive it I regret starting this thread lol

However, I'm sure if I ever got behind the wheel of a GTR again (which I haven't done since mine was stolen 3 1/2 years ago!!) I might be able to put the M3 behind me :D

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
For reference:

A late 2004 onwards M3 Convertible with less than 30000 miles are going for between £18k - £25k.

Mine is FULLY spec'd up to the max, and maintained by Mr Anal :D

I change the oil every 5k, eventhough BMW say every 13k-15k LOL!!!

What do they know!

Ideally I would like a Stage 1 GTR with Xenons!

Thanks

All pm's replied to

·
Registered
810 Posts
Must... Resist... My forged R32 V Spec 2.... Ahhhhhhhhh!

Very nice mate can understand why you want to get a GTR. Just make sure its the right one... ahem... R32.... ahem ;)

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Just tried hosting the pics to save me the hassle of clicking links every time I want to look at the pics, ended in FAIL.

Then renamed the files to see if that would make a difference when I tried hosting them, that also ended in FAIL.

I've given up now :(

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just tried hosting the pics to save me the hassle of clicking links every time I want to look at the pics, ended in FAIL.

Then renamed the files to see if that would make a difference when I tried hosting them, that also ended in FAIL.

I've given up now :(
LOL!

Thanks anyway mate!

They were fine when I posted in the General section but since the Mods have moved it to here they appear as links :confused:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts