GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys , I have an R32 GTR with Brembo calipers (I believe they came off an R33 GTR) And it's time for some new Pads , not sure on discs yet.

I've been looking around for pads , I'll be using it mainly on track and fast roads. Think the DS2500 pads or DS3000 would be best ?

But where would be best to buy them from , does anyone do discounts on them by any chance?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would they be the HC800 ? Heared good things about them aswell , but only could see them for sale on Nengun ? Anywhere in the UK do you know of them for sale?

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
Why do you need to buy from the UK? Click and go direct from Japan and cheaper too.

HC+ are the 800. I run them on several cars.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't you pay import tax from Japan , was trying to avoid that is all . But agree , Japan delivery can be cheaper. Thanks for your help man.

·
R35 Section manager
10,970 Posts
I had the 2500's on my 33 and found them brilliant for fast road use.
They are quite dusty so it may mean giving the wheels a quick wash more often.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I had DS2500's on bigger calipers. They were fantastic for road & light trackday stuff. Always had a confident biting point.

I've gone to DS3000 now, not so good on road, and they have quite a steep Mu curve against temperature, so you'll find if they cool you can lose confidence under pedal.

I had Project Mu pads & discs with standard calipers and they were awful. Although they came with the car so may have been very old and treated poorly. They probably were not anything new like the HC?

- oh, as for where to buy them, try Burton Power. You can ask them for a quote if they're not listed on site. They were significantly cheaper than anywhere else for the pad shape I was buying.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've gone to DS3000 now, not so good on road, and they have quite a steep Mu curve against temperature, so you'll find if they cool you can lose confidence under pedal.
Thanks man , I had heard the same about the DS3000's , and went against them when I heard that they drop off when it comes to road use.

I think I might give the Project MU a go , Nengun have them on sale at the moment aswell. Some sticky AD08R's and new brakes are gonna make it feel a lot better on track this year :clap:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts