GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Ferrari make an estate? Just caught a glimse of the back of
an estate that looked like had the rear lights of a F355.

Vincent

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Yes there are a total of 7 factory Ferrari estate exist in this world (as far as I know). They are custom made by the Ferrari designer PININFARINA for 1 guy. It was based on the 456GT, then they added a rear section to it. As long as you have the money for it, you can have ANYTHING :D

The article I read said the guy that ordered that car only got 6 of them, 1 was for sale in London a while ago. I found that to be weird, if I spend all that money to have a special car make by Ferrari, I wouldn't want anyone else to have the same car :p

Are these the taillight you saw the other day?

Jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
961 Posts
very nice!

·
Registered
961 Posts
porsche have as well and skyline
does that mean theres a lambo out there!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Well that thing is only a 1 off extremely limited production of 7 cars. As I said ANYTHING can be custom make.

If I have the money, I would have Ferrari make me a 4WD mini-van with a F1 engine in it :p

Jeff

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Richie,

That car was made for the Sultan of Brunei right?

Yeah something like that, don't remember for sure, it is not a GTR, so I don't pay too much attention to :eek:

Jeff

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Yep that is correct. The Sultan has sooo many prototypes or specially made cars, which can cost a few million a pop:eek:
I actually saw 2 of these at Maranello Sales while I lived in Egham a few years back. One was that 456 station wagon and the other was a 4 door 456. Apparently he used to fly them over to the UK for their services....never really understood why he didn't send them to Maranello?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
326 Posts
the 456 estate was specially bulit for the sultan of Brunei, all of them were for him, he has a huge car collection, he first approached Ferrari but they refused to make an estate, so he went to the next best place, Pininfarina, who as you all know design all the modern day ferraris, including the 456 GT. the project did cost a lot of money, but that was something he was not short of in those days.

There have been 2 that I know of for sale in the UK, sold by I believe, Taylor and Crawley, London. who often get very rare cars to sell.

bnr34vspec2,

Benneton F1 team a few years ago, transfered the engine out of Michael Schumacher's benneton F1 car and put it in a Renault Espace people carrier, making it Renault Espace F1, a grand prix car with he body of the Espace, very rapid. so as you said, money no problem, anything is possible.

·
Registered
961 Posts
the espase was black and yellow and you can race it on grand turismo 2

ford did the same but on a transit its in the new jeramy clarkson vid

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Hi Simon,

Benneton F1 team a few years ago, transfered the engine out of Michael Schumacher's benneton F1 car and put it in a Renault Espace people carrier, making it Renault Espace F1, a grand prix car with he body of the Espace, very rapid. so as you said, money no problem, anything is possible.

Yes I know about that famous mini-van, but it is not a Ferrari :p

I want Ferrari to make a F1 mini-van.......j/k :D

Isn't it amazing, money can make ALMOST anything possible, I hate it as I don't have that kind of money :(

Thank god the all mighty R34 GTR is not too expensive!!

Jeff

·
Registered
961 Posts
simon h

i know about the world rally van as well
pretty mad got rollcage ,rally engine and the lot
but the vid the showed a f1 transit with very wide stance and body kit with very high reving v8 f1 engine

:)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Brune

As far as I know the Sultan of Brunei does have a 456, but it's a four door saloon. My mate may be talking bollocks but he said he knows the bloke who sprayed it. It was a silver one! Sprayed around the Bucks area. Does that sound iffy? Maybe it was a colour change!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts