GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling my ferrari f50 brembo kit from my r32 gtr this kit was made by garage exage in japan and has nice gold bells and very good condition calipers. Had brand new ferodo ds2500 pads fitted less than 500 miles ago and the calipers were serviced 2 months ago.
Looking for £1200

Attachments

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
Just because they are called Brembo F50 that doesn't mean they came straight off the Ferrari F50.
F50 is the common name for this type of caliper. I beleive that Brembo defined them as Brembo GT but seeing as there are three distinct (that I know of) caliper types, two in four pot and one six pot, they are commly called the F40 and F50 (for the 4 pots) because of their resembalance to the Brembos fitted to Ferraris of the same name.

Anyway I have a very similar set-up and they are excellent. Assuming that this set-up is pretty similar to mine it will even pretty much match the weight of the OEM set-up.

Sorry for blocking the thread up - good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Definitely a good brake kit, no doubt. But other than the Brembo brand, they have nothing in common with the Ferrari ones.

Curious though, are there maintenance kits available for Brembo F50s?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Definitely a good brake kit, no doubt. But other than the Brembo brand, they have nothing in common with the Ferrari ones.

I did a quick Google and it showed a lot of places with rebuild kits.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I think they are called F40 calipers as they are the same caliper as on the Ferrari F40. However as a kit they are known as Brembo Gran Turismo.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts

As I stated they look very similar. Might even have the same piston bores and pads but who cares to be honest.

Parts are available from Brembo. Speak to Bob at Zealou5.

Shall we stop messing up this good man's for sale thread?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
As said above these are great caliper I used to run them on mine.
You can get new seals either from Brembo or from Stoptech which share similar parts.
Glwts!
:thumbsup:
Bob

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Garage exage sold these as ferrari f50 brakes and from my research they are indeed the same calliper as used on a ferrari f50 as the ferodo ds2500 pads I fitted were bought with a ferrari part number. Discs are I think 332mm but I will double check tonight, the rear calliper are stock gtr calliper with drilled discs these are sold together as a kit with the fronts as they are well matched. Tremendous braking performance and really nice pedal feel!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts