GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having read "Why a Skyline?" thread, I can't believe how many Skyline owners also owned Ferraris. I think it was 4 out of 5 or 6 of the first posters! I had a 308GTB which I happily replaced with an R32. I then tried to track down other owners and "converted" Joss to Skylines (who also had a Ferrari) and I set up the Register with Joss running the web-site. The rest as they say, is history.
I can't bear to part from my F355 Spider, but when it becomes affordable to run both, I'm bringing over a ready-tuned R34. Any more info on Nismos Z-tune, Joss? Price, power, what they've done to it etc.:cool:

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Certainly makes you think if going for a Ferrari is a resonable decisions:)

Re the Z-Tune. A lot of the parts Nismo developed for this car were one off prototypes....but slowly they seem to be making an appearance on the Nismo parts catalogues. To give you an example the carbon fibre bonner and front undertray are now on sale....and a re damn expensive!

Specs...
2771cc
87x77.7
8.0:1
660ps(441kw)/7600
66.0kgm(647Nm)/5200
1.4kg/cm2(137kPa) [boost]
Z1 metal head gasket t=1.5mm
INT 68deg - 10.4mm
EX 66deg - 10.4mm
660cc/min injectors
Turbos: 14411-RR581 T3-62T-o.6A/R T25-79T0.64A/R
Stinless outlet pipe and one off titanium exhaust

Not sure if Nismo offers the Z1 engine converson yet but I can ask if you are interested.

Here are a couple of pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
547 Posts
Z-Tune

Gosh, 66kgm .. that's 477 ft-lb of torque :D

What does Turbos: 14411-RR581 T3-62T-o.6A/R T25-79T0.64A/R mean?

Is that a T3 body with 62T (0.6 A/R) and T25-79TO (0,64 A/R) things at each end? ... WHatever things are:D

Also odd that they quote the IN/EX as 68/66 deg ... is that the same as 292/294 deg ?

cheers

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
I think so....

Joss...

I think that is what they mean with the turbos. Basically it uses the Nismo RR581s....

I don't know about those deg numbers for the cams. Nismo seems to express them in this way....

Dino

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Z-Tune

Guy,

Well the car is not for sale....its a Nismo show/demo car, but the Z1 engine should be offered on the Nismo menu soon I should think.
As for prices.....no idea...but Nismo is always very expensive.
I'll keep you posted if I hear any prices

Dino

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mmmm. Maybe I could live without a Ferrari after all! No, I still need both. Are there any plans to make a limited run for sale like the 400R? You're right, Dino, probably VERY big bucks, but I don't intend to buy new and I personally want a car tuned by a well-established Japanese house.
Back to the point of this thread: How many Skyliners also either previously or currently own/ed Ferraris and which models?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Ferraris I have had...

Ferraris
308 GTB
355 GTS x 2 (One was written off)

GTR's
R33 - Written off
R33 - Tuning up at the moment
R34 - Will purchase one of these for the winter. Any help in sourceing a suitibly tuned one would be most appreciated.

Anybody with any experience of TVR's?

Rupert

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
David.Yu,

Have you considered looking for a Mines Demo car??
I went to a track day they organised in Tsukuba in April...and they had 3 R34 GTRs there...I'm sure they will be selling one off soon.
The best person to contact regarding an ex-demo car is Shin Inoue from the GTR owners club. He will be setting up a shop in the UK and deals directly with Mines.

Dino

·
Registered
492 Posts
Guy,

Just ordered a new Tuscan for when the sun comes out and should be taking delivery in a couple of months from now. Scary cars! Not like the forgiving Skyline in any way shape or form - A real case of hanging on for grim death!!! I must say I was quite bitten by the TVR bug. Still won't touch my R-33 though for pure adrenelin production pleasure.

Rupert

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Previously Owned

Just thought I'd add perhaps a different perspective on previously owned. Nothing in the car world really. I spent many, many years with motorcycles and raced them for quite a few years with not enough success I might add but all the same done an endurance race, rode in the support races for the Transatlantic Challenges and all in all had a bloody good time. Problem was when it came to the time to hang me ACU licence up I returned to 'racing' on the road and for a few years was OK. Then I started to loose the 'feel'. God knows how. Age I suppose :( The 'feel' meant losing my commitment to bends that I know I can knee down at 120-130 mph whilst jelling totally with the bike. I felt I had became a passenger on an exocet and WAS going to hurt myself and maybe some other innocent soul. Brrrr. Also my dearest friend, who was my racing buddy for years, had a bad crash at Bottom Bend on a trackday and he DIDN'T KNOW WHY so we both chatted about our latest experiences and decided that the time must come to hang our leathers up. Yeah I know their are guys a lot older than me still tear arsing around but we are all different and I just couldn't commit myself to doing what I used to on a bike. Within 1 week I had sold my bike and leathers and so became normal. NORMAL OH NO. No toy. Within a month I was missing something in my life. Blue Chip motors in Ilford solved that. A GTR33 non V-Spec. Brilliant Silver still restricted to 112mph. This car hit me and hit me hard. What the hell is it. Test drive ensued and a lot of trawling on the net. Took the Audi A8 down their (stop it:) ) following Saturday, part exchanged it and never looked back. What great experiences and fun I am having. Just like the old days. And my pals who are still into bikes look on with interest because one day the majority of them too will be hanging up them old leathers. As for driving fast it is like I am learning to walk again. Brilliant. And the comadre is the same as in my motorcycling days. And I don't know if you guys get it but their is a mutual respect when a lot of sportsbiker riders 'check you out'. I have only 2 other cars that I would like to own, if I ever get that much cash. Porsche GT3 or RSR, but as you guys have mentioned I can't see myself getting rid of a Skyline. As long as I can keep up the re-payments that is. Damn always a catch:D .

·
Registered
547 Posts
Previous Cars

I also had a TVR Chimera 4.3 for about 3 years as my every day car... I really did like it, but boy it could go wrong:(

Oh yes, and I smashed up the 328 :eek: Yes they do spin rather suddenly, but the insurance Co rebuilt it (took a year and a £30k bill) and it was as good as new!

And lastly, my old R34 was recovered by the police and I believe will be on sale via the insurance broker.... PJ Insurance .. in Weybridge (01932) 852225 www.pjinsurancebrokers.co.uk

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Re: Previously Owned

Glen,

You really do need to come along to the Skyline track day. It'll be a perfect way to re-discover yourself in the safety of a controlled environment, safe circuit with instructors on hand to make sure you keep it on the straight and narrow... :)

You can always leave early for your appointment with your chamois leathers and dusters!

Peter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts