GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the Ferrari FX aka F60 Enzo. First official picture. Car will be shown at the Contemporary Art Museum in Tokyo on the 26th of April.

Comments?

·
Registered
404 Posts
I need a new Ferrari

Dino,

I’m just popping to get some lotto tickets.

Paul.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys like it? I understand that the square lines are for aerodynamic purpouses but it just looks like sh1t to me:(

Guess I'll have to check it out in the flesh next week:D

·
Registered
134 Posts
The front does kinda remind me of one of those 'Maxed' new shape Celicas ... I'll see if I can find a picture to put up ....

Hmmm - Not convinced !:confused:

·
Registered
404 Posts
I'm sure it's better in the flesh

Dino,

The German motoring press has been full 5h1t about the F60 how it’s modeled on an F1 racecar the fastest best handling road car Ferrari has built so far and how it’ll out perform the Mclaren F1 etc, don’t know how journos know all this without even seeing one? But it looks good to me anyway. Now if these lotto tickets don’t win there must be another way to get the money together to buy one?

Paul.

PS I'm surprised at you not loving it at first sight as it's built only an hour from your home town.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ferrari's main aim was to create a car capable of beating the McLaren F1 in pretty much everything but top speed. I'm pretty sure they have made a hell of a car power and handling wise....but the looks are, well, ugly!
Usually Ferraris are so beautifully designed that almost anyone will like them...instantaniuosly! Not the case here then. For us Italians Ferrari is a national pride, so I feel a bit let down by this latest creation! Last time I felt like this was after seeing the Mondial:rolleyes:

BTW....you will need at least a few Ferraris, including either of the F** cars, to be able to buy one of these:(

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Ferrari have lost the plot ever since the 355 IMHO.
None of their cars since then have stood the test of time at all.

F50 - What the hell was that? UGLY
360M - Not a Ferrari shape by far.
456M - Didn't last 4 years, now looks like a mass produced Saab.
550M - Ack. Too big, may aswell buy a Bentley.

The Best:

355 - You just wanna hug it.
512TR - Now this was Ferrari talking.
F40 - Need I say more?

Cem

p.s. I promised I'd never buy Autocar, SO WHY I GO AND DO IT AGAIN?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Cem,

I have to agree about current ferrari's...

I just don't think they are producing timeless classic shapes at the moment (look at a current ferrari compared with the daytona, 250GTO, 308, 355, F40).

I loved the 456 when it was launched, but now it looks dated and a bit bland... I don't mind the 360 now but not as much as the 355, which surely means the design has failed?? As for the 550/575, well I always thought it looked like Ferrari's take on a supra ;)

So New F60 - afraid not, there are plenty of stunning beautiful supercars, this is not one - Though I don't mind that nose :D

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Best Ferrari ever (even if there was no prancing horse badge anywhere) was the Dino 246 gt. That car will be in my garage one day!

I personally like most Ferraris. Like with any other car company their designs have followed their respective times. The 80's best was the F40 the 90s the 355....and I really like the Modena:p

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
The best thing about the car?
- the wheels

The worst things about the car?
- sorry life's too short.

If they want to build a car that's better than the Mclaren F1? What are they gonna do when McLaren goes into production with its new supercar next year?

BTW - The front reminds me more of the BMW 800 series

·
Registered
404 Posts
Ferrari image

I used to belong to the German Ferrari owners club, one event we did was a dream come true day for terminally sick children.

This was a good measure of how the public viewed Ferrari. There were over 30 cars turned up mostly 355’s and Testarossa’s.

But among the exotic chouses was a 250 GTO, a 250 Drogo (fast back), 2X 365 Daytona, 2X 246 Dino, and an F50 (the star car :rolleyes: )

I had a 308 GTB the Magnum car as it quickly got called. The only ones that weren’t so popular were the 308 GT4 and the organizers Mondial.

It was fun to watch as the dads argued about who was going in the 250 GTO or the Daytona’s, while the kids argued about who got to go in the ‘Magnum’ car or the F50.

Paul.

PS Cem, A 512TR (Testarossa) won’t start unless you have a chest wig, a large golden medallion hanging from your neck, flared white trousers and a big collared shirt open to the belly.

PPS I'll take a 250 swb from the 50's, 250 GTO from the 60's, a 365 Daytona from the 70's, an F40 from the 80's (and a 288 GTO) and a 550 from the 90's, we still got time to see what else comes before 2010.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fuggles.......the McLaren-MB SLR super car is not goig to cause too many problems for the F60. Its more of a confortable supercar than a lightweight F1 car for the road....and on top of it all its a bloody automatic!:eek: :rolleyes:

Skylining...we have very similar taste:)

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Hmmmmm....... "comfortable supercar" now there's a thought.

Let's all be honest. If the boss said here's your new company car and handed us the keys - would we complain? I don't think so!:)

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Is it just me or is that running "Dakar Rally" suspension? :D If they put the whole car in one of those sanding drums that rotate really quick and smooth all the edges of things for about half an hour it would look ok. The front looks a bit like a plane lol

I really should stop drinking in the day on my days off (and more importantly on my days on :D )

Rob

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Company Car

Mmmmm do you reckon the Ferrari would be as popular as the new Primera then :D . Only say this as not a lot of reps like Red ;) .

glen

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Love it. good work Maranello.

first proper ferrari since the F40. the one I would buy if I won the big one.
Anyone know the spec? Lightweight? V10? V12? Carbon body and panels.
Much better attempt than the horrid F50.

NLW>

1 - 20 of 27 Posts