GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan GTR & Range Rover Sport
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

i owned a 2009 (CBA) GTR back in 2015 which sounded great - can’t remember exact spec but think it was a litchfield stage 3.

long story short she was sold a few years back and decided to get another this year being a 2013 (DBA) which only has a Y pipe and stage 1 remap, feels so much better to drive but doesn’t wow me with sound.

not too bothered about power increase (well actually don’t wants to spend loads) more interested in sound, so was thinking about adding the following:
*Japspeed cast down pipes
*japspeed cold air induction kit with K&N cone filters
*GFB Mach 2 blow off valves

i would obvs then have it retuned/mapped - would I see I slight increase in power but more important an increase in sound or am I just wasting my time n cash

·
Vendor
2,476 Posts
It’s ok fitting downpipes but if the studs snap off in the turbo’s it’s an engine out job.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
I had 3 snap off and 7 shear threads last week, so if you don't want to spend loads leave the down pipes alone or youll get a week away in Spain bill , If you could go lol

·
Registered
Nissan GTR & Range Rover Sport
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is is common for them to snap off?

i wouldnt be fitting myself, I’d be getting a local performance garage to complete the work

·
Vendor
2,476 Posts
If your adamant on the swap get plenty of spray on the threads and leave to soak, I’d be tempted to clean the threads by running a nut up and down on them a few times first, if you can get a bit of heat on them even better.

GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
If you reuse the nuts run a tap through them to get rid of the locking ring

1 - 7 of 7 Posts