GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After the fantastic work PWPRO did I have a very good friend of mine from Auto Genie who does all the vans and toys lol come and work his magic :) all swisswax products where used supplied by PWPRO :)
Dirty ones

Clean ones

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
I love how mean your car looks! :clap: epic

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
Hold on, thought! When dirty, it looks even meaner! :chuckle:

·
Registered
947 Posts
My good friend from auto genie cleaned it but I could hear him cursing "F...king Matt Black" from miles away lol
I bet it was cursing (i would) :p
I could hear him here in jersey that is how loud he moan.:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
My good friend from auto genie cleaned it but I could hear him cursing "F...king Matt Black" from miles away lol
ha ha, why..... is it harder to clean?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Matte finishes are tougher to clean in the sense that it's advisable to use different products, techniques and you could argue that they are less tolerant to certain chemicals and correction than a gloss finish.

If you get a scratch or marring on a gloss finish, you can often remove this damage by corrective processes. If you get the same scratch or marring on a matte finish you are stuffed, as no amount of corrective work will sort it out (unless you rewrap that panel for example). Extend this thought process to stains left by bugs splatter or bird poop and I'm sure you can see that they are harder to maintain and clean.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Matte finishes are tougher to clean in the sense that it's advisable to use different products, techniques and you could argue that they are less tolerant to certain chemicals and correction than a gloss finish.

If you get a scratch or marring on a gloss finish, you can often remove this damage by corrective processes. If you get the same scratch or marring on a matte finish you are stuffed, as no amount of corrective work will sort it out (unless you rewrap that panel for example). Extend this thought process to stains left by bugs splatter or bird poop and I'm sure you can see that they are harder to maintain and clean.
Cheers mate and sorry for leaving the car too long to be cleaned :-( I bet your looking forward to cleaning it in the summer though pmsl :)

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
Thanks mate ;-) have you got them parts on yours yet ?
Yes bud, your parts have worked a treat, acspeed say the asnu don't give black smoke like ID injectors, And they don't, I've seen no smoke out the back yet

Anyway

Acspeedtech y pipe, asnu and intakes, plus remap and the cars running 604/650

:flame:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes bud, your parts have worked a treat, acspeed say the asnu don't give black smoke like ID injectors, And they don't, I've seen no smoke out the back yet

Anyway

Acspeedtech y pipe, asnu and intakes, plus remap and the cars running 604/650

:flame:
Nice one mate that's good to know and impressive figures :) mine smokes like dot cotton on a stressful day but when the smoke clears I have vanished ;)

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
Nice one mate that's good to know and impressive figures :) mine smokes like dot cotton on a stressful day but when the smoke clears I have vanished ;)
What mods have u got, and what stats? Didn't u go for asnu injectors to stop the smoke out the back syndrome?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts