GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went up against me... I think he wishes he hadn't. Gave him a friendly wave and flash as I came off. Nothing. Humiliation is hard I guess, when you've spent that much on a car, only to be 'owned' by a mere rice rocket. :D

What fun. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
What stage r35? Nice work ;D

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Still much rather be going home in the 458 though.....sorry!
Not sure of the point of the comment?? I think the irony may have escaped you... I'd much rather be a millionaire and not have to work either!

However, as a mere mortal, with a crappy Jap rice rocket, that's made from tin cans and has the cache of a Kia Sorrento, it's rather satisfying to be able to hand a near £200k car it's ass on a plate. :smokin:

Very childish I know! :D

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
However, as a mere mortal with a crappy Jap rice rocket that's made from tin cans and has the cache of a Kia Sorrento, it's rather satisfying to be able to hand a near £200k car it's ass on a plate. :D
Very childish I know! :smokin:
:thumbsup:

·
R35 Section manager
11,259 Posts
Not sure of the point of the comment?? I think the irony may have escaped you... I'd much rather be a millionaire and not have to work either!

However, as a mere mortal, with a crappy Jap rice rocket, that's made from tin cans and has the cache of a Kia Sorrento, it's rather satisfying to be able to hand a near £200k car it's ass on a plate. :smokin:

What BHP tho?

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts

One advantage of owning any Ferrari compared with a Datsun is the availability of genuine spare parts for cars older than 10 years old.

·
R35 Section manager
11,259 Posts
Just went up against me... I think he wishes he hadn't. Gave him a friendly wave and flash as I came off. Nothing. Humiliation is hard I guess, when you've spent that much on a car, only to be 'owned' by a mere rice rocket. :D

What fun. ;)[/QUOTE

Was this on the Xbox?:chuckle:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Point taken it's just that I'm soo in love with the 458
It's not even funny... No piss take intended

On another note I've seen the 458 hand an lp 560-4 it's ass
and an lp spanks any MY Gtr so you must be running some pretty decsent
Mods no?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Point taken it's just that I'm soo in love with the 458
It's not even funny... No piss take intended

On another note I've seen the 458 hand an lp 560-4 it's ass
and an lp spanks any MY Gtr so you must be running some pretty decsent
Mods no?
Not particularly. Litchfield Stg 4 with downpipes. 63 plate.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I did the same thing to my mate in his 458 a year ago :) he was gob smaked. I told him my car was stock (which it wasn't at the time I was running 650r with down pipes) he could not belive a stock gtr would gap him so bad lol. I couldn't be so cruel with him so I told him my cars running 650. The 458 Is dream car for me tho, love every thing about it.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Poor guy must have been devastated, I wonder how he sleeps at night.

(on a big pile of money with many beautiful ladies).

Hehe. I'm sure he won't be looking for counselling after the event, however I'd be surprised if he wasn't feeling a teeny bit deflated after being outgunned by a rice rocket.

Ok, you buy a Ferrari for the event, the prestige, the image etc, etc. But you do also buy one for the performance. This car was brand new and after spending the best part of £200k, the guy will have assumed that he'd show the inferior GTR a clean set of wheels (otherwise he would't have goaded me into following him).

I know I'd be rather peeved if I'd lost out to a Corsa VXR, for example!

Of course I could be wrong, and he could have been quite accepting of having spent nearly £200k on the so called pinnacle of motoring, to be beaten by a Jap tin can... ;)

·
Registered
438 Posts
One thing I seemed to of found with Ferrari owners is they don't seem to drive on the edge, maybe the worry of writing them off?

I do remember handing a guy in a 2011 911 Turbo S, and I really loved it lol!

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
The only thing I'd be thinking if I were him would be, why didn't I wait a few months and pay the same money for a 458M with a 680 turbo charged engine instead.

·
Registered
519 Posts
At the end of the day he is the one going home in a 458 - I doubt he will lose much sleep, I know I wouldn't.

Any car can be modded to go faster than another, its does not ultimately mean I would rather have it over my GTR. No doubt there are plenty of Evos out there that cost less than my GTR and would wipe the floor with me, not to mention Ferraris, McLarens, Lambos etc. Does that mean I would rather have a 700bhp Evo over those cars? Hell no.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts