GTR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

A great result for the 2010 GT1 specification Nissan GT-R in it’s biggest test to date in the FIA GT championship season of 2009 – the 24hrs of Spa endurance race in Belgium this weekend. The 2010 GT1 specification GT-R is a significant change over the current season’s GT1 specification and has more weight and less power to get the job done.

The GT-R began the race from 8th position on the grid, already a great achievement and finished 13th overall and 3rd in the GT1 class overall. Of the 2010 GT1 specification cars entered in the race, the GT-R was 1st place.

Overnight the team was battling it out maintaining 4th – 5th position overall and was seriously considering an overall podium place, a mammoth achievement. It wasn’t to be however when the car had a mechanical issue around 6:30am leading to a 90 minute pitstop which cost them 15 positions.

They re-entered the field in 19th spot and clawed back those places without further mechanical troubles.

“Not one of the drivers made a single mistake throughout the 24 hours, and that is something really special, especially in such tricky conditions. We had oil on the track, we had water when we were on slicks, we had all sorts of changing weather. It was slightly disappointing that we missed an overall podium – but if you’d told me before the race that we’d be in with a chance, I’d have said, ‘Come on, that’s not realistic.’ I am really proud that we finished and I’m much more relaxed now about the NISSAN GT-R’s final race of the season, at Zolder. Spa was the main test for us, and we now know we can last 24 hours!”

Michael Krumm, Nismo

In further GT1 GT-R news, the team has announced the previously undisclosed final race for the 2009 development season will be on the 25th October 2009 for round 8 at Zolder in Brussels.

You can read the entire press release from Nismo after the jump. More GT-R specific photos hopefully to come from Nismo / Nissan in the coming week.

FIA GT: 2010 GT1 Nissan GT-R GT1 Podium Finish at the 24hrs of Spa | Nissan GT-R News - GTRBlog.com

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Fan - bloomin - tastic !!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts