GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been talking to the people at EP Racing in Leicester about producing OEM rear quarter panels out of fibreglass.

They have said that they would be interested if there was enough demand for the product (like most things i suppose).

They need 15 people initially to interested in buying them before they are willing to buy the panels and make the moulds.

This is still very early in the planning stage, but I want to get an idea if anybody would be interested in being able to buy these parts.

They would come in useful for all you drag and track day people to shave useful weight off the car, and they also will benefit people who have had arguments with lamp posts and lost.

I have no idea what the price would be, I still need to find out what a pair or genuine steel ones will cost, but as a rough idea, they sell front wings with vents in FRP for £200 a pair, or £450 in carbon so you can guess that they will cost more than £200 because of the bigger panel. I would like to think that they would be cheaper than the original steel ones though.

All im asking at the minute is for people to post their opinions, and express any interest in buying these parts if they were avaliable.

Thanks

Diabolus

·
Registered
12 Posts
Whats the point of having cheap and nasty fiberglass panels put over the rear quarter? the finish is always poor, it will look horrible!

Seems like the Skyline scene is fast turning into a Nova Saxo type with usless fiber glass junk being fitted to it. Enjoy the car for what the Japanese created it for, add some subtle bits but dont go crazy!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, you missunderstand me. These are not overfenders, they would be complete replacement panels from the door, to the bumper, inc fuel cap, connecting to the C-pillar, everything, as if you bought the panel from nissan, but just in fibreglass. I would rather toast my wrinkly bits, than stick crappy wide arch panels on a skyline. The whole point is that it looks standard, but made out of fibreglass, and therefore save weight, not to allow you to put 30" rims on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts