GTR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick thread to ask if anyone has had any issues actually filling up the GT-R at the petrol stations...

The last 2 times ive filled the pump seems to cut out then fill slowly... I may be paranoid, but they were both at different Shell stations , and it took ages. ive filled it for the last 2500miles fine

Any comments? to save me spending 15mins each time :).... or was it coicidence

Cheers

J

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
I've only ever had one problem filling up, and that was at a BP staion. Use tesco 99% of the time.

I'm sure i've read other members have had problems, usually after some spirited driving when the car is running hotter than average.

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts
Yep. Do a search...

In short, many of us had this problem. Take your cap off before you fiddle with the pump as it gives more time for the pressure to equalise inside the tank.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the answer...... :)

and i did search , under various terms to check, but nothing easily posted.

J

·
Premium Member
7,641 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Had this the first few times but now I've mastered getting the nozzle in the right place (no other way of saying that) it seems to be fine.

I usually fill when the car is cold and haven't been driving fast if that make a lot of difference.

·
Registered
202 Posts
as stated,i think everyone's had this prob,can be quite annoying.
the worst it is when you put the nozzle in too much and it get's stuck :cool:

i had to yank it really hard on my evo one time and petrol just flew out,quite an embarassing sight.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Yeah you have to push it all the way in, then pull it back a little while pushing down gently. Then your in the zone.

·
Registered
290 Posts
If you can refuel the car when it is cold, obviously this is not always possible. I have V power close by so rather than re-fueling on the way home I get up a few minutes early and give it a drink in the morning. There is a section relating to this issue in the manual.

Yes Yes I know I am a sad "@anker" who read the manual from cover to cover.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
If you can refuel the car when it is cold, obviously this is not always possible. I have V power close by so rather than re-fueling on the way home I get up a few minutes early and give it a drink in the morning. There is a section relating to this issue in the manual.

Yes you are:D shoul;d never have admitted that at the meet

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
as stated,i think everyone's had this prob,can be quite annoying.
the worst it is when you put the nozzle in too much and it get's stuck :cool:

i had to yank it really hard on my evo one time and petrol just flew out,quite an embarassing sight.
Lucky you wern't smoking at the time lol

·
Registered
765 Posts

Give it a drink??. Oh Dear.

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Ah, I fill mine from the Jerry cans which I fill with Tesco's 99ron, so I can add "stuff" Never got a nozzle stuck yet !!

·
Registered
376 Posts
- but now I've mastered getting the nozzle in the right place

- the worst it is when you put the nozzle in too much and it get's stuck

- Yeah you have to push it all the way in, then pull it back a little while pushing down gently. Then your in the zone.
Classic posting gentlemen :thumbsup:

·
Banned
112 Posts
Just a quick thread to ask if anyone has had any issues actually filling up the GT-R at the petrol stations...

The last 2 times ive filled the pump seems to cut out then fill slowly... I may be paranoid, but they were both at different Shell stations , and it took ages. ive filled it for the last 2500miles fine

Any comments? to save me spending 15mins each time :).... or was it coicidence

Cheers

J
PUT PETROL IN NEXT TIME NOT DIESEL:thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts