GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
danok said:
On film 4 there is a film called internal affairs,it has an r33 gtr in in.!
Is that internal affairs or infernal affairs ... on the initial D disk set they keep referring to infernal affairs - couldn't figure out if it was crap translation ...

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
murano3 said:
on the initial D disk set they keep referring to infernal affairs
Infernal Affairs actually had some of the actors from Initial D, the Police boss and the criminal`s "gopher" were two I noticed.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Apart from Initial D - I think the infernal affairs series are the highest grossing asian movies.

Now watched initial D about 10 times - love it

·
Registered
243 Posts
Its Infernal Affairs, the department which Andy Lau (Triad mole in the police) works in InTernal Affairs, a department of the police force. It was just a play on words, the real title in Chinese is completely different and refers to buddism.

The R33 only appears for like, 2 minutes, it's cool though, the Triads should have been shown using them more hehe.

As for the actors... LOADS. Same two directors. Here we go, Initial D on the left, IA on the right. I wont bother with names probably cos no one would recognise em!

Leader of the Redsuns = Young Triad Mole (Appeared briefly in I and II)
Leader of the Nightkids = Young Police Mole (Same as above)
Main characters best mate = Triad who dies in the car with face on the horn (IA 1)
Main characters dad = Inspector Wong (Guy who landed on the taxi)

EDIT: Oh, as far as I know, IA III was never properly released in the UK, so you might have to rent/ buy it from a place which does imports. Or you could also buy the trilogy online. Play.com has it I think, but the box art is SHOCKING. Does the series no justice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts